Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

living in tasmania

living in tasmania

Old Apr 25th 2004, 8:02 am
hch
Forum Regular

hch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to allhch is a name known to all
Default living in tasmania

HI,
thanks for all the replies so far.
is there anyone living in tasmania that can tell me a little bit more about living on the island especially the weather how hot does it actually get in the summer i know they four seasons but how does the temp differ from the uk.
regards HARRY.
Old Apr 25th 2004, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all
Default Re: living in tasmania

Originally posted by hch
HI,
is there anyone living in tasmania that can tell me a little bit more about living on the island especially the weather how hot does it actually get in the summer i know they four seasons but how does the temp differ from the uk.
regards HARRY.
Harry
PM me your email and I will get a mate who lives in tas to help you.
Old Apr 25th 2004, 8:54 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

You can get climate data for Tasmania at http://www.bom.gov.au

Jeremy

Originally posted by hch
HI,
regards HARRY.
Old Apr 26th 2004, 9:00 am
wombat42

Originally posted by hch
HI,
regards HARRY.

The climate is about the same as England.
It has the best quality least polluted air in the world and the water is clean enough to drink straight out of most rivers.
The countryside is very green and it is the state that most resembles England. However due to its small population it has less job opportunities.

Old Apr 26th 2004, 9:08 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Don't do it Harry you know where you should move to! besides you'll miss out on Tracey's parties!

Just noticed MM is going on a tazzy experience give him a pm and ask him to gather up some info for you on his travels.

Sasha
Old Jun 6th 2004, 12:38 am
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

We had our mind focused on Adelaide but after a telecon with my wife's brother who ahs lived in Tas for many a year we are thinking perhaps Tas is better than Adelaide.

We were told cheaper cost of living than the mainland, better way of life (less suburban sprawl), friendly people, no traffic problems and the weather is not that bad - certainly not as hot as Adelaide can get.

However Tasmanians seem to be the butt of all jokes (justified?), and what are the job opportunites like?

Any good nursing jobs in Tas or financial services?

Richard
Old Jun 6th 2004, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

pjr55 will become famous soon enough

RAG62. I've lived in Australia for 31 of my 56 years, the last 8 of those in Tasmania. I don't post on the board, if there's anything you'd like to know feel free to send me a PM
Old Jun 6th 2004, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

RAG62 will become famous soon enoughRAG62 will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by pjr55
RAG62. I've lived in Australia for 31 of my 56 years, the last 8 of those in Tasmania. I don't post on the board, if there's anything you'd like to know feel free to send me a PM
Thanks - have sent you a PM.
Regards
Old Jun 6th 2004, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

pjr55 will become famous soon enough

thanks Richard, Ive replied