Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

How TRUE is this??

How TRUE is this??

Old Jun 6th 2004, 11:43 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Wink How TRUE is this??

Debs went to Handsworth Medical Centre on Friday arvo.

Spoke with lady, and collected the medical results....

Debs asked " are the results ok? "

Lady replied, yes they must be, if there was a problem we would ask for you to have further tests !

Obviously we havent opened the sealed envelopes, albeit the xrays are viewable.

But how true is what she said ????
Old Jun 6th 2004, 11:45 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: How TRUE is this??

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au

Lady replied, yes they must be, if there was a problem we would ask for you to have further tests !

the general consenus is.... if you're not told otherwise the results are just fine I wouldn't worry, sounds to me like everything is ok
Old Jun 6th 2004, 11:48 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by mlbonner
the general consenus is.... if you're not told otherwise the results are just fine I wouldn't worry, sounds to me like everything is ok

cheers i do hope so
Old Jun 6th 2004, 11:52 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

If there had been anything wrong then I imagine the Doctor would have been ethically bound to tell you.
Remember though that the Medicals for immigration are very basic and there are lots of things that are not tested for.
A medical for insurance purposes etc would have involved a lot more tests.

Good luck

G
Old Jun 6th 2004, 12:04 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

according to the dimia site if anything shows up that is serious the doctor has to tell you and make you aware (there is even a section that explains that counciling will be provided in the case of certain negative results)
Old Jun 6th 2004, 12:06 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Grayling
If there had been anything wrong then I imagine the Doctor would have been ethically bound to tell you.
Remember though that the Medicals for immigration are very basic and there are lots of things that are not tested for.
A medical for insurance purposes etc would have involved a lot more tests.

Good luck

G

A medical for insurance purposes etc would have involved a lot more tests
Whats that about please??
Old Jun 6th 2004, 12:07 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by seang
according to the dimia site if anything shows up that is serious the doctor has to tell you and make you aware (there is even a section that explains that counciling will be provided in the case of certain negative results)

I agree.. but.... I think it also says on the form that you're meant to get counselling prior to being tested for HIV, my doctor didnt even say talk about it.
Old Jun 6th 2004, 12:09 pm
Banned

Originally posted by seang

Debs had a blood in urine sample, was asked for a further test. which she did, and again tested positive for blood ! {trace amount}

They said could be anything from a mild infection to sumat more serious, but no mention since , and no referral by doc??

She has since been to docs and had the "womanly" checkup and we havta wait approx 8 weeks for those tests, but thats a separate issue, could medical ppl in Dimia ask for these results, or has the whole thing been overlooked?
Old Jun 6th 2004, 12:13 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

Debs had a blood in urine sample, was asked for a further test. which she did, and again tested positive for blood ! {trace amount}

They said could be anything from a mild infection to sumat more serious, but no mention since , and no referral by doc??

She has since been to docs and had the "womanly" checkup and we havta wait approx 8 weeks for those tests, but thats a separate issue, could medical ppl in Dimia ask for these results, or has the whole thing been overlooked?

IMO anything that will affect the DIMIA decision should have been sent off together, I'm assuming if your doctor thought it was needed he would have waited for the results.

Theres a whole thread about at the moment about blood in urine, noone seems to have had any problems with it re. the visa or otherwise
Old Jun 6th 2004, 12:14 pm
Banned

IMO anything that will affect the DIMIA decision should have been sent off together, I'm assuming if your doctor thought it was needed he would have waited for the results.

Theres a whole thread about at the moment about blood in urine, noone seems to have had any problems with it re. the visa or otherwise

Thanks ill have a Butchers, oops bad term

Ty
Old Jun 6th 2004, 12:25 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

I agree.. but.... I think it also says on the form that you're meant to get counselling prior to being tested for HIV, my doctor didnt even say talk about it.
not sure to prior but if anything showed up after then certainly.

There are many threads here regarding what is considered a possible visa rejection type illness / result.

there is also something(which I have no knowledge off) regarding group A and group B results
Old Jun 6th 2004, 12:36 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Whats that about please??
The point I was making was that most medicals would involve straightforward tests such as a Full blood count, Liver function tests etc.
These are not included in the DIMIA examination.
Just because you pass the medical does not mean you are 100% fit and well. It just shows that you are not suffering from any OBVIOUS illnesses.

Nothing more than that really.

Best wishes

G
Old Jun 6th 2004, 1:08 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Timber,
We went to that practice for ours and they were very upfront, we needed an extra report on something for Will, and they didnt release the forms until we'd provided it, as they said DIMIA have a habit of losing stuff sent seperately, so I think you can safely say you're ok. I also knew some of the Drs in that practice in a professional capacity and they're a straightforward, down to earth bunch, they'd let you know if there were any queries.
Stop fretting, it'll be fine
Old Jun 6th 2004, 2:08 pm
Central Coasties, NSW!

GillettFamily is an unknown quantity at this point

We had our meds on friday too and my 11 year old daughter had trace of blood in her urine. They said it could be post 'womans curse' (no she hasnt started yet) or an infection. She hasnt got any symptons of the latter so presume its the first one.

Never before did I ever think I wanted my daughter to start the old curse as young as 11! But by crikey it would put my mind at rest!!!

So we are now hoping that everything is going to be OK? We are back next week for further tests

then...fingers crossed XX

We have put our house on the market as we thought we were home and dry. Had two viewings this morning ...again..fingers crossed

:scared:
Old Jun 6th 2004, 3:39 pm
Banned

Originally posted by mcmercer
Timber,
We went to that practice for ours and they were very upfront, we needed an extra report on something for Will, and they didnt release the forms until we'd provided it, as they said DIMIA have a habit of losing stuff sent seperately, so I think you can safely say you're ok. I also knew some of the Drs in that practice in a professional capacity and they're a straightforward, down to earth bunch, they'd let you know if there were any queries.
Stop fretting, it'll be fine

Hiya, thanks, it was a great pratice and we were thoroughly impressed.

We havent been asked for any further tests and all results came back, all that was said is if you havent been asked for further info or tests then all is ok !! apparently LOL

Now waitin for DHL and send this stuff orf !!! next problem is the bloody BOND !! arghhh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.