Live 8

Old Jul 3rd 2005, 12:08 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Live 8

Originally Posted by DagBoy
Well, we recorded it and I just checked the tape. It ran out just as those talentless has beens from Pink Floyd came on, so that was a bit of a bonus

Cheers,

DagBoy
Then you must have seven hours shit
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 12:21 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, and I wondered what he was talking about when he muttered that he hasn't been fishing for a while .
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 12:26 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

Nice one Fraser
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 12:48 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
LOL, and I wondered what he was talking about when he muttered that he hasn't been fishing for a while .
In my defence I've been up all night with dodgy guts
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Just watched the highlights again on Channel 9. I'm not trying to be controversial, but the bit they showed of Pink Floyd was nothing special, lots of plinkety plink acoustic guitars. And the dry ice was funny, they were obliterated by smoke for half the song.

I'm not sure who were the best, probably Robbie Williams, or Madonna, they just put on a good show.

I couldn't understand why they started with Sergeant Pepper until I read the first line of the lyrics

"It was 20 years ago today, that Sergeant Pepper taught the band to play"...

very apt,

JTL
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Just watched the highlights again on Channel 9. I'm not trying to be controversial, but the bit they showed of Pink Floyd was nothing special, lots of plinkety plink acoustic guitars. And the dry ice was funny, they were obliterated by smoke for half the song.

I'm not sure who were the best, probably Robbie Williams, or Madonna, they just put on a good show.

I couldn't understand why they started with Sergeant Pepper until I read the first line of the lyrics

very apt,

JTL
Madonna and Robbie over Floyd are you a 15yr old school girl
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:01 pm
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

very apt,

JTL
ARGHHHHH, stop it, its scaring me - I agree with you!! :scared: I said the same thing to Dagboy, PF were good, but I dont know what everyone was raving about .

Thought Robbie showed what an excellent showman he is & Annie Lennox just looked fabulous & has the most incredible voice!
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:03 pm

rossifumi will become famous soon enough

I like Madonna's music especially the early years but she was absolute bollox yesterday.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

Agree with you Mrs DB

I thought Robbie was by far the most entertaining. Annie was superb.
I was quite disappointed at tonights re run of it on Channel 9.
They missed out loads of top acts!!
I was watching live last night unil the cricket finished (was channel hopping for hours!)
There were loads of top performers missed out on Channel 9.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

podgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant futurepodgypossum has a brilliant future

BTW..

How come Australia/Sydney didn't do anything? I'm sure they did something the first time round.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:14 pm
Rocket Scientist

Originally Posted by podgypossum
Agree with you Mrs DB

I thought Robbie was by far the most entertaining. Annie was superb.
I was quite disappointed at tonights re run of it on Channel 9.
They missed out loads of top acts!!
I was watching live last night unil the cricket finished (was channel hopping for hours!)
There were loads of top performers missed out on Channel 9.
They had to fit 10 hrs of music into just over 2 hrs (including ads ), so I guess they had to cut someone! I couldnt believe that The Who didnt even get a spot :scared: .

Not sure that Australia did anything for the first one, but I think the ones that were held this time were in the countries of the G8 leaders attending the conference.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:15 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
They had to fit 10 hrs of music into just over 2 hrs (including ads ), so I guess they had to cut someone! I couldnt believe that The Who didnt even get a spot :scared: .
They were good too.
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:16 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

very apt,

JTL
perhaps your right about floyd!
afterall robbies a lyrical genius
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 1:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fraser
Madonna and Robbie over Floyd are you a 15yr old school girl

No but you must be a 45 year old hippy not to realise that the floyd were fairly average.

I'm not saying they were bad, I reserve that for Craig David absolutely massacring a Beatles song. Jeez, how can you go wrong with a decent Beatles song.

Well, apparently just give it to Craig David, and that other women

JTL
Old Jul 3rd 2005, 2:09 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by brisbec
Sorry if i'm a bit thick!!! but was there a concert in Australia because i can't seem to find anything on it.

Watching it at the moment......all was going well until "smackhead" pete doherty came on!!!

Everyone else fantastic so far
In Perth we got no live coverage of any of the concerts on terrestrial television, in fact the first coverage we get on our five terrestrial channels is a two hour highlights show on Monday night................that simply isnt good enough. The longer I live here the more I am beginning to feel this country has a third world mentality.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.