Live 8

Old Jul 5th 2005, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

baggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Live 8

Originally Posted by fraser
Always do mate, I've seen them five times they're the guvnors, only problem is I don't enjoy other gigs anymore

ageing hippies still struggling to maintain a grip on the fact that they are no longer in the 70's and free love has died a death....

what next m8 you be telling us all that brian wilson is a keyboard wizard,or that hawkwind should support floyd on their upcoming tour....
Old Jul 5th 2005, 6:01 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by baggie
ageing hippies still struggling to maintain a grip on the fact that they are no longer in the 70's and free love has died a death....

what next m8 you be telling us all that brian wilson is a keyboard wizard,or that hawkwind should support floyd on their upcoming tour....
To be honest mate I don't give a shit what you think I think the fact that record shops have been selling out of their stuff today to new fans says it all.

If you don't like them that's your right, but you seem hell bent on slagging them off. You're obviously one of these people who has nothing better to do than to try and annoy someone from behind a keyboard.

So why don't you crawl back to your birmingham hovel
Old Jul 5th 2005, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

baggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant futurebaggie has a brilliant future

To be honest mate I don't give a shit what you think I think the fact that record shops have been selling out of their stuff today to new fans says it all.

If you don't like them that's your right, but you seem hell bent on slagging them off. You're obviously one of these people who has nothing better to do than to try and annoy someone from behind a keyboard.

ouch..!!!!!!!!

i will leave this thread alone now as a sense of humour (or truth) has left it.....
Old Jul 5th 2005, 6:34 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

can anybody else spell sychophant ?????
Old Jul 5th 2005, 6:37 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brisbec
can anybody else spell sychophant ?????
Do you mean sycophant?
Old Jul 5th 2005, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

1-To be honest mate I don't give a shit what you think I think the fact that record shops have been selling out of their stuff today to new fans says it all.

2-If you don't like them that's your right, but you seem hell bent on slagging them off. You're obviously one of these people who has nothing better to do than to try and annoy someone from behind a keyboard.

3-So why don't you crawl back to your birmingham hovel

quick answers.....

1-thats because the drugged up hippies have only just realised that a thing called the compact disc has been invented but will be disappointed when they hurry home to try and play it on their turntable that has been home to dark side of the moon since it's release.....

2-sounds familiar as you were doing it saturday as each act left the stage you were on here saying how crap (in your opinion they were)

3-agreed birmingham is a hovel thats why i live in west brom...
Old Jul 5th 2005, 6:44 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough

Do you mean sycophant?

see....i knew someone wud spel it rite!!!
Old Jul 5th 2005, 6:44 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Do you mean sycophant?
You are a gem Been reading this from the sidelines and been highly entertained
Old Jul 5th 2005, 6:51 pm
Up The Arse!!

wengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond reputewengerboy has a reputation beyond repute

i`ve been reading this thread (while listening to shine on crazy diamond)and am interested to know what the floyd knockers have on their hard drives?
i like all kinds of music from a very varied spectrum and would welcome any suggestions! c`mon enlighten me!!
p.s i`m not stoned or a hippy just appreciate talent
Old Jul 5th 2005, 7:02 pm

quick answers.....

2-sounds familiar as you were doing it saturday as each act left the stage you were on here saying how crap (in your opinion they were)
Completely different I gave an opinion on those that I saw, I said Robbie was good, I said I thought Dido was good,

I haven't followed someone around slagging of their every comment.

I said I didn't like velvet revolver once they've been praised since I didn't mention it again.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by wengerboy
i`ve been reading this thread (while listening to shine on crazy diamond)and am interested to know what the floyd knockers have on their hard drives?
i like all kinds of music from a very varied spectrum and would welcome any suggestions! c`mon enlighten me!!
p.s i`m not stoned or a hippy just appreciate talent
6 cd's in my car changer

1-queens of the stone age - lullabies to paralyze
2-white stripes - get behind me satan
3-elvis - my own compilation
4-razorlight - ?
5-embrace - out of nothing
6-velvet revolver - contaband

i like many others went through a pink floyd phase and rate them as average musicians and really on the face of it boring to watch live unless you really 'dig' their music,

people who rave about them still are stuck in a time warp and refuse to embrace the fact that mucis moves on...i started going to gigs when i was 15 and now 18 years on i have been to nearly 200 gigs seeing everyone from slipknot to prince,motorhead to jamiroquai and like i said pink floyd are boring live they do nothing just stand there and go through the same old routine and rely on lights and special effects to heighten the atmosphere and thus making their music more enjoyable........

amen.......
Old Jul 5th 2005, 7:40 pm

6 cd's in my car changer

1-queens of the stone age - lullabies to paralyze
2-white stripes - get behind me satan
3-elvis - my own compilation
4-razorlight - ?
6-velvet revolver - contaband

i like many others went through a pink floyd phase and rate them as average musicians and really on the face of it boring to watch live unless you really 'dig' their music,

people who rave about them still are stuck in a time warp and refuse to embrace the fact that mucis moves on...i started going to gigs when i was 15 and now 18 years on i have been to nearly 200 gigs seeing everyone from slipknot to prince,motorhead to jamiroquai and like i said pink floyd are boring live they do nothing just stand there and go through the same old routine and rely on lights and special effects to heighten the atmosphere and thus making their music more enjoyable........

amen.......

Like I said before you go to a gig to hear the music not to watch some pretentious prick roll around the stage, I couldn't give a monkeys if they played the whole gig sitting down as long as they sound good.

You really are an utter cock.

HTH
Old Jul 5th 2005, 7:47 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

And you think Floyd are boring? Zzzzz

I have most of the other CDs you mentioned, all great.

As far as your comments about aging hippies, well, I got into them about a year ago, and I am 29 now.

Went to see a Floyd tribute band a few months ago, and they cemented my new found love of Floyd. Great atmospheric music, but I can see why its not to everyones taste, it is definately an aquired taste.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen

Great atmospheric music, but I can see why its not to everyones taste, it is definately an aquired taste.
Well said, it's not nice to be stereotyped just because you like a certain band.
The fact that they just stand their on stage and do what they do so well which is play music says more for them than anything, as for the effects they've always done it they were the first band to a light show and the Stones and the Beatles were just two of the bands who used to go and atch their gigs.
Old Jul 5th 2005, 7:52 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Well said, it's not nice to be stereotyped just because you like a certain band.
The fact that they just stand their on stage and do what they do so well which is play music says more for them than anything, as for the effects they've always done it they were the first band to a light show and the Stones and the Beatles were just two of the bands who used to go and atch their gigs.
They dont even need the light show. Shut your eyes, listen and let your imagination go. Thats what Floyd are for IMO.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.