Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

On line gifts to the UK, Xmas is coming. ??

On line gifts to the UK, Xmas is coming. ??

Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default On line gifts to the UK, Xmas is coming. ??

Just wondered if anyone had any favourite sites, that they reguarly used or could recommend. I'd prefer something with an Aussie flavour of course.

Do people really send food hampers over, that used to be a big thing years ago, doubt if it is needed in any way shape or form these days.

What do you send ?

Or do you just go down the local shops, and make up a parcel yourself ?
Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: On line gifts to the UK, Xmas is coming. ??

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Just wondered if anyone had any favourite sites, that they reguarly used or could recommend. I'd prefer something with an Aussie flavour of course.

Do people really send food hampers over, that used to be a big thing years ago, doubt if it is needed in any way shape or form these days.

What do you send ?

Since we came back I have usually just made up a parcel myself and sent it. You do have to be more conscious of what things weigh though, thats the only thing.

I havent looked into the online thing as to be honest we dont have alot to send back.

Hels
Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

flumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really nice

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

What do you send ?

How about using amazon.co.uk thats what we use.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 12:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flumper
How about using amazon.co.uk thats what we use.

Good tip thanks.
Old Oct 13th 2005, 6:01 pm

Flying Banana is an unknown quantity at this point

Thornton's Choccies always go down well

And for cards (all types not just Christmas) try www.moonpig.com , all the cartoon greetings cards and many more you can find in the newsagents but you can personalise them with names etc. Works here in Aus too, I ordered a couple and they arrived next day with an Aussie postmark so must have a distributor over here too. Good for late birthdays for overseas recipients as you can even write inside the card online.