Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

"Lifetime" registration for dogs & becoming a breeder

"Lifetime" registration for dogs & becoming a breeder

Old Feb 18th 2007, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default "Lifetime" registration for dogs & becoming a breeder

I'm trying to prepare myself for the red-tape involved in dog ownership in NSW but I can't work out whether I'll have to pay the $150 every year or just once?
They call it 'lifetime registration' but I have an inkling that they mean you have to keep the dog registered for life by paying the fee every year? OR do I just pay it the once and then he is registered for his lifetime? Which would be a lot cheaper!!

I'm sure there is info on this on here somewhere but I've looked on a few threads and not found it... so I'm taking the lazy option and asking again!

Another thing, whilst I'm asking questions - we're thinking of trying to breed from our dog (in a professional way, with another breeder, not a 'backyard' job!) and I have heard about breeder registration - does this mean that we have to register before breeding from our dog? If so, is it a straightforward form-filling exercise or do we have to qualify in some way? Any advice would be brilliant, cheers!