Reload this Page >

Life in paradise!! NZ

Life in paradise!! NZ

Old Oct 10th 2003, 10:14 am
Just Joined

Wanaka girl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Life in paradise!! NZ

Hi all

We emigrated from UK two years ago for the second time. We did the tour around in campervan, lived in Tauranga for seven months, before deciding to move to Wanaka (paradise.)

Looks like everyone has discovered paradise as prices have more than doubled.

How we see it is, that NZ is a lifestyle choice not a career move.

Husband is an electrician, in the UK he was self employed on about £30 an hour. Here its about $30 an hour.

Our two children 16 and 13 love the place. A choice of either snowboarding or skiing in winter. Jumping off the wharf into crystal clear water in summer.

Magnificent scenery, great walks, cycle tracks, boating, fishing a great outdoors life.

NZ is what you make it, its not easy and it takes time to adjust we are still adjusting. Hope you like the picture it was taken a few months ago in the middle of winter.
Attached Thumbnails Life in paradise!! NZ-0616_0003.jpg  
Old Oct 10th 2003, 10:53 am
Home in 2010.

The Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really niceThe Koalas is just really nice

Wow what a stunning picture, thanks for posting it. I agree my move is to enjoy a better more relaxed way of life (in OZ) than a career move, who cares about a career jump, just want to enjoy life with my kids.
Old Oct 10th 2003, 11:29 am
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by nicholls clan
Wow what a stunning picture, thanks for posting it. I agree my move is to enjoy a better more relaxed way of life (in OZ) than a career move, who cares about a career jump, just want to enjoy life with my kids.

Hi Wanaka girl,

Hubby and our kids are coming out to Wanaka in December, Hubby has a job, hes an Auto electrician, we should arrange to meet up, our kids are 8 and 10, they are looking forward to the move and new lifestylehopefully your kids can teah me to ski ( without me breaking my legs ) heehee i agree the place looks lovely so relaxed and carefree, hope to see ya when we get out there

Lottie
Old Oct 12th 2003, 7:51 am
Just Joined

Wanaka girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tiggerlottie

Just wondering where your hubby has got a job, is the job at AAC.

Have you got anywhere to live on your arrival to Wanaka? As December is coming up to holiday time and certain times of the year are difficult for rentals.
A good local paper is the Messenger which comes out each week.

The skifields have closed today so you will have to wait till next season for skiing.

If you need any other info I will do my best to help out.

I run the Lakeland Cafe in the log cabin on the lakefront, so pop in and see me.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 11:37 am
UK to NZ to Canada

TiggerLottie will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Wanaka girl
Hi Tiggerlottie

Just wondering where your hubby has got a job, is the job at AAC.

Have you got anywhere to live on your arrival to Wanaka? As December is coming up to holiday time and certain times of the year are difficult for rentals.
A good local paper is the Messenger which comes out each week.

The skifields have closed today so you will have to wait till next season for skiing.

If you need any other info I will do my best to help out.

I run the Lakeland Cafe in the log cabin on the lakefront, so pop in and see me.
Hi Wanaka girl,

My hubby has a job with Alex n Lisa who own Mt Iron Auto Electricial, they are a very nice couple,

We havethe house on the market and hoping to be there 2/3rd Dec, we have been told its a quiet few months so we have no need to rush and make a new world record for moving which is good, as i went running round like a headless chicken when we found out Shaun had the job, just trying to get him out there ASAP so he didnt loose the job lol....i will come find you when we arrive, as for accomadation, alex said he knows a few people and should be able to sort accomadation out for us,

Thanks for replying please do keep in touch,

Tigger