Oz Road Atlas

Old Oct 11th 2003, 6:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Default Oz Road Atlas

Last weekat the Brighton meet someone brought a great Road Atlas of Australia with them- Yafm I think?

I am now trying to buy one over here and Amazon have loads, the trouble is there are no pictures of them so I have not got a clue which are good or bad.

Any recommendations? Particularly covering the East coast and one that has lots of the suburbs named, this will help when we are looking at houses!
Old Oct 11th 2003, 6:16 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Oz Road Atlas

Originally posted by tinaj
Last weekat the Brighton meet someone brought a great Road Atlas of Australia with them- Yafm I think?

I am now trying to buy one over here and Amazon have loads, the trouble is there are no pictures of them so I have not got a clue which are good or bad.

Any recommendations? Particularly covering the East coast and one that has lots of the suburbs named, this will help when we are looking at houses!

We got an excellent one out there last time, problem is i can;t remember what its called, and its in a crate on the way to Mount Gambier at the moment !!!!

I think it was published by Random House. Its A4, red and has info at the start of each state on all the main towns etc. Really good!!!

Sorry i can't remember more!!!
Old Oct 11th 2003, 6:51 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of
Default Re: Oz Road Atlas

Originally posted by PeteY
We got an excellent one out there last time, problem is i can;t remember what its called, and its in a crate on the way to Mount Gambier at the moment !!!!

I think it was published by Random House. Its A4, red and has info at the start of each state on all the main towns etc. Really good!!!

Sorry i can't remember more!!!
Aha !!

Found it on the Moons website.

http://www.guidebooks.com.au/daroad.htm

This is the newer version of the one i have. Highly recommended.
Old Oct 11th 2003, 7:34 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice
Default Oz road atlas

Hi Tinaj It was,nt us but we have The Essential Australian Road Guide.This does show most of the small towns but not much detail. My notice is in only 15 more working days to go. Colin & Yvonne.
Old Oct 12th 2003, 12:13 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oz road atlas

Tinaj:

It were me!

I brung it along because I knew everyone would want to show where they were going, it's the only one I have but it ain't ideal.

Oz is so big that a road map covering it all has to be either 3' thick or very small scale. I used to have a Gregorys, but it was not very good once you got away from the centres.

the one at the Brighton meet is Hema Maps Australia Touring Atlas. ISBN 1-86500-116-3. Website www.hemamaps.com.
:lecture:
Old Oct 12th 2003, 12:24 pm
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know what purpose you want the road atlas for but try www.mapquest.com for the best free online maps, trip planners etc.

Unsure as to how good they are with Australia, but when I lived in Canada I used the site frequently and it is very good.

Luke (Neil NSW)
Old Oct 12th 2003, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Thanks Guys for your advice I will check out these options online today.