Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

licensing question for WA plumbers

licensing question for WA plumbers

Old Jun 19th 2005, 1:46 pm

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Question licensing question for WA plumbers

Can someone tell me which course my hubby would need to book onto to gain his plumbers license? Would this be at TAFE? What books will he need for the course? If we know what books then perhaps he can order them online and start going through them before we get there.

Yes I have done lots of searches on this and I have tried finding out through TAFE website but have been unable to come up with any answers which is why I am trying you clever helpful lot Creep creep.

He is fully qualified over here and we do understand that he will need to do a course over there on a provisional license supervised by someone else, we are just trying to be fully prepared.

I am sure Rooksie would like to know the answer to this too.

Many thanks

Anne
Old Jun 19th 2005, 8:02 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: licensing question for WA plumbers

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Can someone tell me which course my hubby would need to book onto to gain his plumbers license? Would this be at TAFE? What books will he need for the course? If we know what books then perhaps he can order them online and start going through them before we get there.

Yes I have done lots of searches on this and I have tried finding out through TAFE website but have been unable to come up with any answers which is why I am trying you clever helpful lot Creep creep.

He is fully qualified over here and we do understand that he will need to do a course over there on a provisional license supervised by someone else, we are just trying to be fully prepared.

Many thanks

Anne
I'll do it for you bump
Old Jun 19th 2005, 11:08 pm
Kingscliff NSW/QLD border

the plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to allthe plumber is a name known to all

Sorry don't know much about how it works in WA......But i would say your best bet is to Ask the TRA if they can provide you with contact numbers of the TAFE colleges that do plumbing courses.......then give them a call , your sure that way of getting the answers you require , thats the way i did it....or your end up being told all sorts of crap and being none the wiser.....

all the best plum

ps...You could also ring up the WA plumbing licensing board .

Last edited by the plumber; Jun 19th 2005 at 11:48 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2005, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

flumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really nice

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry

Many thanks

Anne
Hi Anne,

I've just been through all this and the way I did it was to contact the Plumbers and Drainers Board (that's what its called in Queensland), they issue the licences - call first and discuss it with them. I went in to their offices in Brisbane and walked away with my provisional licence 10 mins later. I am fully qualified also and had to produce all my certificates then the lady decided which courses were required. She gave me the course module nos. and a list of TAFE colleges. Also a contact for correspondence courses. Depending on qualification it might not even be the full module. I have only to do parts of them. She also relieved me of $84!

I think you'll find that most people coming across will have to do part of the drainers course inc. blockages and septic tanks. Also part of the plumbers course inc. solar heating and fire hydrants. Each state might be different though. You also have to work for someone for a year before you get the full licence.

The lady was very helpful and keen that I get the licence to start working straight away.

PM me if you want any more info. but hope this helps.

Flumper's hubby