Licence dilema

Old May 30th 2006, 10:24 am
stevenpoole9

Default Licence dilema

We are arriving in Brisbane on the 10th June as PR. I have discovered that the paper part of my driving licence is missing, It will take 15 days from when DVLC receieve the licence for it to be returned.
As we will be renting a car from the airport my main question is, do I actually need the paper part (I have the photo/ID card part) ?

PLEASE, no well intentioned "sorry I can't help you , but good luck, and where are you going posts" PLEASE.

Old May 30th 2006, 10:46 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Licence dilema

Originally Posted by stevenpoole9
We are arriving in Brisbane on the 10th June as PR. I have discovered that the paper part of my driving licence is missing, It will take 15 days from when DVLC receieve the licence for it to be returned.
As we will be renting a car from the airport my main question is, do I actually need the paper part (I have the photo/ID card part) ?

PLEASE, no well intentioned "sorry I can't help you , but good luck, and where are you going posts" PLEASE.
When you rent a car they're more interested in your credit card But no, the photo card licence will do. I don't think I showed my paper licence when I got mine converted either (though my memory is fading fast so may be wrong there ).
Old May 30th 2006, 11:04 am
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

When we hired a car through Hertz online, the confirmation email said that you had to produce the counterpart paper licence. When we picked up the car at Brissie airport, they didn't ask for it and we only had to show the Photo licence. In QLD they only have the Photo licence and I doubt whether they realise there is actually another bit to the UK licence. I'm sure you'll be fine
Old May 30th 2006, 11:30 am
....is FAB

artep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond reputeartep has a reputation beyond repute

...I'm getting a bit of Deja Vu here..
Old May 30th 2006, 11:36 am
Love Tiffany's

Welshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud ofWelshie has much to be proud of

no they don't ask for it...just ya photo/id bit...I lost mine too and have hired with a lot of companies with just the photo ID bit...
Old May 30th 2006, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

We just used the photo part of the licence for the car rental. Also, when I got my Australian driving licence I showed them both parts of the licence but she said she only needed the plastic part.
Old May 30th 2006, 5:31 pm
stevenpoole9

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'm just going to hope all goes well at the airport. 'Er indoors has both parts & would have been named as an additional driver anyway. So the worst possible scenario is that I end up map reading!! (and massaging the dash board with my teeth)