NOOSR question

Old May 30th 2006, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

bubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant futurebubblegum_babe has a brilliant future
Default NOOSR question

Hi All

I am nearly qualified as an ICT teacher (PGCE route) my question is when can I apply for the NOOSR assessment? Can I apply the day I finish the course or do I need to gain some work experience first?

I know I need the work experience for the visa itself but seeing as the NOOSR takes around 3 months to come back I was planning on starting the process by sending it off ASAP. This way by the time I receive the NOOSR back I would have already completed 3 months worth of work experience.

Can I do this?
Old May 30th 2006, 5:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NOOSR question

Originally Posted by bubblegum_babe
Hi All

I am nearly qualified as an ICT teacher (PGCE route) my question is when can I apply for the NOOSR assessment? Can I apply the day I finish the course or do I need to gain some work experience first?

I know I need the work experience for the visa itself but seeing as the NOOSR takes around 3 months to come back I was planning on starting the process by sending it off ASAP. This way by the time I receive the NOOSR back I would have already completed 3 months worth of work experience.

Can I do this?
Hi
I've asked this one as well (wife completes her PGCE July) can do NOOSR once complete as they assess qualifications not work experience! Good luck

Oh work experience (in most cases) is classed as 30 hours a week (fulltime) and can't see how you can get 3 month experience by time assessment is done as summer hols fast approaching. Hope you've got a job lined up as we seem to be struggling to find work within a 50 mile radius of where we live :scared:

Last edited by Australia_bound?; May 30th 2006 at 5:55 pm.