Level 2 nurse

Old May 9th 2004, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

jwatsonoz will become famous soon enough
Default Level 2 nurse

Hi,

Does anybody know what the difference between a level 2 registered nurse and a 'charge nurse' or sister in the uk? Are they about equivalent?

thanks
Old May 9th 2004, 3:09 am
Just Joined

hannah1 is an unknown quantity at this point

A level two here is about the same as an F grade in the uk. On most wards they have mostly level ! and then 2 or 3 level 2 who normaly have and area or two or responsibility staff developement or policies etc.
If any one is interested we really need midwives where i work in Mandurah south of perth and we have level ! and level 2 positions availiable.
You can contact me through
www.mandurahmigrant.com.au
Old May 9th 2004, 4:20 am
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute

yes probably.
i hoped to be placed as a level 2 as i was equiv of 'g' grade in uk working in general practice, lots of post reg quals and yrs of experience etc etc
. practice nurses are paid much less here than in the uk...not as much responsibility or autonomy.(i did know before i left the uk tho)
cos ive been qualified 20 yrs(omg old git i here u say ..lol) i get paid for yrs expreience so am paid on a 1.9 (thats for my cas call post in hospital....but only get a miserly $22/hr in general practice and thats considered to be good pay!!!!!)
I think that to get a level 2 position here you prob have to have a degree in nursing...dunno as i havent applied for a level 2 post

(i know that u probably know this jwatson as i see you already in oz..but am just mentioning it for those still waiting to get here and may not be sure)