Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Container arriving on Tuesday!

Container arriving on Tuesday!

Old May 6th 2004, 11:36 pm
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough
Default Container arriving on Tuesday!

Wahey - all my junk will be here early next week - can't wait to find out what I shipped as I have forgotten most of it!

Passed customs no problem and apparently all MAF want to look at are my golf kit (which has been scrubbed, steam cleaned and disinfected so if they find ANYTHING on it I will be gutted) and a coffee machine (which has never been used and is still in its packaging so they surely can't find anything wrong with that!)

I will let you know if everything arrives in one piece and what I think of Crown Relocations.
Old May 6th 2004, 11:54 pm

gedge has disabled reputation
Default Re: Container arriving on Tuesday!

Wahey!

I know what you'll be doing next week. It's funny how getting all your junk cheers you up for a while. I'd been moaning about not having enough music to listen too whilst the record collection was at sea.

What are you looking forward to getting the most?

PS. Although we raved on about Crown, it was slightly premature.
They still had to collect the boxes, which is when they mucked us about.
Old May 7th 2004, 8:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh Poll, have fun unpacking! Its better than Christmas as you are reunited with all your familiar stuff
Hope its all travelled OK.
Old May 7th 2004, 10:12 am
Kiwified member

Originally posted by JulesandChris

What are you looking forward to getting the most?

PS. Although we raved on about Crown, it was slightly premature.
They still had to collect the boxes, which is when they mucked us about.
Hubby is definately pining for his golf clubs and for me it has to be my artic sleeping bag and fleece liner as I am going on a search and rescue dog training course halfway up a mountain on Wednesday for four days and if my stuff hadn't have arrived in time I would have had to borrow a seriously crap sleeping bag from my sister and frozen my tits off!

After that CD's and my wedding photo of me and my Dad, I think.

The dog wants her squeaky elephant - the squeaky skunk i bought her here just doesn't cut the mustard apparently.

PS I don't want to know (lalalalalala fingers in my ears lalalala)
Old May 7th 2004, 12:08 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute

Bet you cant wait pol ... it is so good to get your stuff ... like christmas but better ... be prepared for the waves of homesickness you will feel when opening stuff though.
Old May 7th 2004, 1:20 pm
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ours is coming Tuesday too Pollster, which isnt too much of a coincidence as we left in the same week, wonder which hubby has smuggled the most Villa memorabilia???(and how dare they start winning after we leave etc)
I've missed my saucepans,as my 50 ways with a wok are wearing thin and also my shoes, I cant wait to get my shoes
Old May 7th 2004, 2:33 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

my shoes, I cant wait to get my shoes
Arghh, you're starting to sound like Dagboy! Hope you both have a really good week rediscovering your treasures

Sky is right though, beware the homesickness. I still can't bring myself to open my photo albums with my sister's kids in. I have a few photos out, but I daren't look at the rest.
Old May 7th 2004, 6:15 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mcmercer
wonder which hubby has smuggled the most Villa memorabilia???(and how dare they start winning after we leave etc)
How come Villa have played so crap nearly all season (except the last month or so) and still might make 4th place?

The rest must be truly awful
Old May 8th 2004, 2:12 am
Kiwified member

Ours is coming Tuesday too Pollster, which isnt too much of a coincidence as we left in the same week, wonder which hubby has smuggled the most Villa memorabilia???(and how dare they start winning after we leave etc)
I've missed my saucepans,as my 50 ways with a wok are wearing thin and also my shoes, I cant wait to get my shoes
Has your bloke started dropping hints about the new Villa shirt out very soon yet?

Hadn't though about the homesickness thing so thanks for the warning - should be alright though as I miss absolutely nothing from the UK except Frazzles, Jelly Tots and Robinsons Orange and Mango.
Old May 8th 2004, 2:15 am
Kiwified member

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
How come Villa have played so crap nearly all season (except the last month or so) and still might make 4th place?

The rest must be truly awful

Message from Mr Pollster, Don:

Actually Villa have won 6 of their last 10 AWAY games which is bloody impressive if you ask me. And really their performances have been good since Christmas - so there.

"We are the famous, the famous Holte End!"

End of message

Old May 8th 2004, 7:26 am
Account Closed

Pollster,
no mention of the new shirt yet, we'll be in the uk in june so no doubt he'll be smuggling one back (he has about 15 from over the years but i have never in 11 years seen him wear one thank god)
Hes too busy being excited about the fact that they're showing them live tonight on SBS!

Polly,
Good job it didnt come this week if it starts the homesickness cant help the shoe thing, though with todays weather I'm regreting leaving most of my boots and coats at MIL's!
Old May 8th 2004, 7:48 am
Home and Happy

Aww, poor old you Michaela. Keep smiling if you can, and remember you were a few weeks behind me in getting here, you're a few weeks behind me with the blues, so hopefully you won't be too far behind me getting your smiles back.

And remember - you've got a trip over in June haven't you; bet you'll have some wild nights with that mate of yours!!!
Old May 8th 2004, 7:51 am
Account Closed

Originally posted by Pollyana
Aww, poor old you Michaela. Keep smiling if you can, and remember you were a few weeks behind me in getting here, you're a few weeks behind me with the blues, so hopefully you won't be too far behind me getting your smiles back.

And remember - you've got a trip over in June haven't you; bet you'll have some wild nights with that mate of yours!!!

I'm counting on it Polly!
And a few more here hopefully
Old May 8th 2004, 10:36 am
Kiwified member

Pollster,
no mention of the new shirt yet, we'll be in the uk in june so no doubt he'll be smuggling one back (he has about 15 from over the years but i have never in 11 years seen him wear one thank god)
Ditto with mine, with the exception that I won't LET him wear one in public!
Old May 9th 2004, 6:13 am
Just Joined

dunk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollster
Wahey - all my junk will be here early next week - can't wait to find out what I shipped as I have forgotten most of it!
Heheh - I know exactly how you feel - take a look at the pics of our place when our stuff arrived:

http://www.duncanandsarah.com/duncan...in_april_2004/

Good luck!