Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

letter regarding Centrelink

letter regarding Centrelink

Old Jul 29th 2004, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default letter regarding Centrelink

Hi

Just received a letter from DIMIA stating that the AoS is now being dealt with by Centrelink & they will contact your Assurers direct.

Has anyone dealt with Centrelink & if so how long did it take for Centrelink to contact your assurers after receiving the letter from DIMIA????

The horrible thing is when i managed to open the letter through my heart pounding & shaking hands, I did not read the letter through, I saw the words migrating, & throught we had been accepted. I rang hubby up, screaming & crying, WE'VE GOT OUR VISA'S, only to ring him back up after 5 seconds, to say "Sorry made a mistake" as you can imagine not a happy bunny, but said a few polite things with a smile!!!!!!!!

Anyway i'll leave it there, any help will be appreciated

Thanks Paula
Old Jul 29th 2004, 8:42 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: letter regarding Centrelink

Hi Paula

Same letter arrived on through our letterbox yesterday!!!

Check the threads on the immigration forum about Centrelink, it makes grim reading!!

Walla
Old Jul 29th 2004, 8:46 am
o_0

Peter will become famous soon enough

Are Centrelink dealing with this on a regional basis or is it being done from the area level by a designated unit, like prosecutions and compensation?
Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

paula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of lightpaula 1 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by Ulujain
Are Centrelink dealing with this on a regional basis or is it being done from the area level by a designated unit, like prosecutions and compensation?

Hi

The letter from DIMIA states because the AoS was lodged but not finalised by the 1 july, our file has been passed onto Centrelink for assessment & processing, & they will contact out AoS direct.

We are hopefully going on a 139 visa designated area, but just a little unsure now if it is going to be made harder for us to go to Oz, now Centrelink are taking over, or is it that DIMIA are been snowed under with work they have just passed onto another dept????

Thanks for any help

Paula (hope the above makes sense, as just a lettle stressed now!!!!!!!!)
Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:03 am
o_0

Centrelink have more expertise in dealing with money, both in handing it out and getting it back, than DIMIA would. Their timeliness standards are probably less lengthy too.

All this means Centrelink are more likely to be quicker in dealing with it.
Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:32 am
Keeping it fairly real

walla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond reputewalla has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Ulujain
Centrelink have more expertise in dealing with money, both in handing it out and getting it back, than DIMIA would. Their timeliness standards are probably less lengthy too.

I don't think it goes regional they have a central destination. It may be Melborne? Cousin knows he rang them, will find out.

29 days into their new responsibilities and Centrelink already have a 3 week backlog!! I hope you're right Peter and they turn things round quickly I'm at desparation point here!!

Walla
Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:36 am
Keeping it fairly real

sorry, goes to centre then out to regional offices for interviews
Old Jul 29th 2004, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by walla1
sorry, goes to centre then out to regional offices for interviews

Thanks for all your replies, so does it mean that, apart from the interview, they really is no concern for worry???? also should my AoS/Sponsor (the same person) hear soon.

Thanks again, are you both going on a 139 Visa, if so what area's are you hoping to go to

Thanks again Paula
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:06 pm
Go dogs!

tbeb will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by paula 1
Thanks for all your replies, so does it mean that, apart from the interview, they really is no concern for worry???? also should my AoS/Sponsor (the same person) hear soon.

Thanks again, are you both going on a 139 Visa, if so what area's are you hoping to go to

Thanks again Paula
We have received the same letter today; 'AoS lodged but not finalised before 1st July'. Says documentation from DIMIA has been passed to Centrelink and that Centrelink will contact my assuror directly.

So, looks like having the application lodged before 1st July means you may escape any extra paperwork, but that Centrelink will manage the checks and the lodging of the bond. I would have thought this would speed the process up but I guess they are still finding their feet.

They should then request the bond from the assuror once the checks have been OK'd.

TBEB
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:55 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ulujain

Not sure about this section of Centrelink....but I know first hand how good Centrelink are at recovering other monies....it was my job for about 3 years....recovering Austudy overpayments..... But shhhhhhh...dont tell anyone...k??

Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:59 pm
o_0

Originally Posted by Hels
Not sure about this section of Centrelink....but I know first hand how good Centrelink are at recovering other monies....it was my job for about 3 years....recovering Austudy overpayments..... But shhhhhhh...dont tell anyone...k??

Hehehe, I raised at least $200K worth of debts in my time with Centrelink, mainly pensioners not declaring assets or sole parents shacking up. Started the process that got one couple sent to jail for fraud too.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:02 pm
Account Closed

Hehehe, I raised at least $200K worth of debts in my time with Centrelink, mainly pensioners not declaring assets or sole parents shacking up. Started the process that got one couple sent to jail for fraud too.

When & where were you working for Centrelink?? I worked for the CES for like 11 years before it all became Centrelink....So worked for the Govt for most of my Adult life until I took a pretty healthy redundancy package....I finished in '98
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:09 pm
o_0

When & where were you working for Centrelink?? I worked for the CES for like 11 years before it all became Centrelink....So worked for the Govt for most of my Adult life until I took a pretty healthy redundancy package....I finished in '98
Worked for DSS before it became Centrelink. Marrickville in Sydney, for the most part, with stints at Area Sydney Central on Pitt St.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:11 pm
Account Closed

Worked for DSS before it became Centrelink. Marrickville in Sydney, for the most part, with stints at Area Sydney Central on Pitt St.

Ewwww...you were one of THEM!!.... I transferred all over with the CES...from Melbourne to Brisbane, then down to Sale in Victoria then over to Bendigo which is when I started working for Centrelink....I even worked up in Canberra on a secondment to the Help Desk for the debt recovery computer program...was brilliant in Canberra....loved it...
Old Aug 12th 2004, 10:17 pm
o_0

Ewwww...you were one of THEM!!.... I transferred all over with the CES...from Melbourne to Brisbane, then down to Sale in Victoria then over to Bendigo which is when I started working for Centrelink....I even worked up in Canberra on a secondment to the Help Desk for the debt recovery computer program...was brilliant in Canberra....loved it...
I actually won a job in Muswellbrook, then backed out of it when I couldn't find a place to live up there Shame; I wanted to get out of Sydney so bad but no office in Queensland where hiring at the level I was (ASO4-5) and wasn't about to drop to an ASO1 and bne a file-away clerk in Brisbane.

A week or so before I came over here to the States, Ballina Regional office advertised for a Pensions section manager. Talk about great timing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.