Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Let the waiting begin.......Spouse Visa

Let the waiting begin.......Spouse Visa

Old Aug 25th 2005, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Cat_Harrison is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let the waiting begin.......Spouse Visa

GOOD LUCK! I hope you don't have to wait too long for an answer. I got my Spouse visa at the begining of July this year. I pre-loaded and it only took three weeks for them to say yes!

When do you plan to move?
Old Aug 25th 2005, 12:02 pm
Forum Regular

BSherlock will become famous soon enoughBSherlock will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Let the waiting begin.......Spouse Visa

I front loaded my medical and police checks. Once I got all the bit together for the Visa and actually applied on the Monday the money was taken from my account and I had a letter to say that they had recieved it.

That Friday the Visa was granted (what a relief!) I off to Brisbane on the 10th Jan.

All the best with your application!

When are you planning on moving?
Old Aug 30th 2005, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone have any info for Mackay?

Ok, visa app received in London on Thursday morning, and app fee charged! Hoping to hear something positive from them this week!!!

On a better note, we may have a job lined up in Mackay - has anyone been there for a visit or has/is anyone living there now and can shed some light?

Main worry is the bugs, as Bert gets bitten quite a bit by mossies' etc..... but generally want to know if it is a good town and the best suburbs to live in. We hear Bocasia is good, but the houses seem a bit old style so be interested in other options.

Any feedback would be helpful!

Bert and Stella
Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Cat_Harrison is on a distinguished road

Good Luck!
Old Aug 31st 2005, 12:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sg1964
Hi,

Best of luck with the application, hope it all goes well for you.

I was reading the posts because I am in the same position, hope to go to Melbourne next year, I am Australian, my wife is British, so am going to apply for a spouse visa. My question is where can I get the "checklist" to enable me to get all the correct information for my application.

Thanks for your help,

Simon
Checklist Spouse in the Search Box on BE's throws this up:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...earchid=232668

Also Australian, British (well Scottish) wife, going (back, me) to Melbourne sometime, spouse visa to apply for too. Will get police clearance and medical first and by all accounts application once submitted will only take a week or so, then validate, then move permanently.

OzTennis
Old Aug 31st 2005, 1:04 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice

I had my Spouse Visa application all ready to go in May, and then for various reasons decided to delay for a while... I hadn't done the meds and will re-do the police check, but does anyone know if there is a limit on how long the stat decs are valid for??
Old Aug 31st 2005, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floss
I had my Spouse Visa application all ready to go in May, and then for various reasons decided to delay for a while... I hadn't done the meds and will re-do the police check, but does anyone know if there is a limit on how long the stat decs are valid for??
Good question, don't have the answer but at a guess, if the police clearance and medicals are valid for 12 months would there be a similar limit on the stat decs or would a state dec not have a shelf life? Jeremy???

OzTennis
Old Aug 31st 2005, 1:21 pm
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Talking Re: Let the waiting begin.......Spouse Visa

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Good question, don't have the answer but at a guess, if the police clearance and medicals are valid for 12 months would there be a similar limit on the stat decs or would a state dec not have a shelf life? Jeremy???

OzTennis

...because of course we could have fallen out after 13 years and me just be trying to fudge my way into Oz.....

...now there's an idea
Old Aug 31st 2005, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

Good luck
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

sg1964 has a spectacular aura aboutsg1964 has a spectacular aura aboutsg1964 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Checklist Spouse in the Search Box on BE's throws this up:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/searc...earchid=232668

Also Australian, British (well Scottish) wife, going (back, me) to Melbourne sometime, spouse visa to apply for too. Will get police clearance and medical first and by all accounts application once submitted will only take a week or so, then validate, then move permanently.

OzTennis
Thanks will take a look at that...

Simon