Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A lesson learned!

A lesson learned!

Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

handbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to all
Default A lesson learned!

My Oh sent his documents to Royal Australian Navy to apply for transfer 3 weeks ago by Royal Mail International signed for - I was told it takes 7-10 days - I e.mailed RAN they have not received them yet but said they would e.mail as soon as. We can only track until it leaves the UK, it left ok on the 24/7.

I am kicking myself for not using a courier service now. Has anyone else used Royal Mail signed for to Australia - how long did it take to get there?

I am now thinking of sending it again by courier service - anyone know a good one in Plymouth, Devon area that we can track until signed for? :curse:
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:49 am
I am the walrus.. face it

carlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud of
Default Re: A lesson learned!

There are loads of threads about which courier service to use, just use the search.

Off the top of my head Interparcel and DHL seem to be most used by this lot.

Hope that helps?
Old Aug 10th 2007, 7:49 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

You can contact AusPost and they will confirm if they have delivered your documents.

On this link, click on the state where you sent the letter to, and fill in the form. Include your royal mail ref. no, date it was posted, address it was going too etc: http://www.auspost.com.au/CUP/0,1460...7EMO19,00.html

It takes between 2 days and 7 days to get a reply but they will tell you if its been delivered.

Last time I used Royal Mail Int Signed for it took 6 days.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

handbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to allhandbagmad is a name known to all

Thanks for the info, I have e.mailed Auspost, but I think I will re-send docs by courier on Monday.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:44 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

I would hold off - Auspost can take 3 or 4 working days to get back to you. Our panel doc sent our meds by the same method, we too were sweating about it but we managed to track with Auspost, - they do get back to you (and then you`ll go on to the next worry - it`s just never ending when you are going through the visa rollercoaster)
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:54 am
BE Enthusiast

estherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really niceestherg is just really nice

We had the same with our meds, the panel Dr sent them Royal Mail Int and
after a stress attack , got on the phone to Auspost (fab) told me they had been delivered and even sent a email with sign and date!!

Give it a few days, because it took well over two weeks to get to oz. Never did it again and used DHL (tracked all the way)

Good Luck
Old Aug 10th 2007, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

Ok I will hold off until I hear from Auspost, it's only one week after all. Just peeved that I couldn't track Royal Mail online as the Ref no on receipt was a new batch given to Post Office and they shouldn't have been using them yet and it was not on their computer system, so I had to telephone them to track. Like you said it is a rollercoaster ride!!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 11:41 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by handbagmad
My Oh sent his documents to Royal Australian Navy to apply for transfer 3 weeks ago by Royal Mail International signed for - I was told it takes 7-10 days - I e.mailed RAN they have not received them yet but said they would e.mail as soon as. We can only track until it leaves the UK, it left ok on the 24/7.

I am kicking myself for not using a courier service now. Has anyone else used Royal Mail signed for to Australia - how long did it take to get there?

I am now thinking of sending it again by courier service - anyone know a good one in Plymouth, Devon area that we can track until signed for? :curse:
Spot on re Interparcel.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 4:15 pm
Forum Regular

gozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nicegozzey is just really nice

Hi

We sent our documents to the RAN without using courier on 12th July and they were received by Penny on 24th July, so it didnt take that long.

Lisa
Old Aug 16th 2007, 5:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Josie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud ofJosie1100 has much to be proud of

all our documents including our medicals for the Visa have been sent first class signed for and we haven't had any problems.

Tammy
Old Aug 17th 2007, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Ours have def been lost in post - had to resend by Interparcel Tues. at least we can track all the way now.

Thanks for all your help
Old Aug 18th 2007, 12:22 pm
I am the walrus.. face it

carlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud of

Much as it hurts to admit our 'good old Royal Mail' is rubbish, it is wise to use a courier for anything important. Good luck with it, hope it gets there this time!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Our application was signed for today - it's arrived at last!
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:43 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Was that the original one or the second one ?? Good news anyway
Old Aug 20th 2007, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

The second one - first one lost in post, have to claim costs back off Royal mail on the 28 August (25 working days after). Def use Interparcel again - tracked all the way.

Now to sit and wait!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.