Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Less than 3 weeks to go!!! help me sell my car! (IRELAND)

Less than 3 weeks to go!!! help me sell my car! (IRELAND)

Old Sep 16th 2004, 3:30 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Less than 3 weeks to go!!! help me sell my car! (IRELAND)

Less than 3 weeks to the off and no response to ads for our car.
Friends and family have been placing ads for us everywhere and we have also used the press (evening paper and 3 "car" mags). Nice big ads with pictures for over a month - no calls!
Nice 2003 Renault Scenic selling for less than a 2002 model! (I have been lowering the price each week and am now on the value of the loan I have for the damn thing!)
Any ideas? Can anyone help? And, no, I don't want to take it with me to Brissie!

Andrew
Old Sep 16th 2004, 3:41 pm
I don't re Member

andrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond reputeandrew63 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Less than 3 weeks to go!!! help me sell my car! (IRELAND)

PS: If anyone points me in the right direction of a customer, there's a few hundred euro in it for them!

Andrew
Old Sep 16th 2004, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Was Reading Berks. Now Palm Beach (summer bay), Sydney NSW
Ady Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really niceAdy Whit is just really nice

Originally Posted by andrew63
Friends and family have been placing ads for us everywhere and we have also used the press (evening paper and 3 "car" mags). Nice big ads with pictures for over a month - no calls!
Nice 2003 Renault Scenic selling for less than a 2002 model! (I have been lowering the price each week and am now on the value of the loan I have for the damn thing!)
Any ideas? Can anyone help? And, no, I don't want to take it with me to Brissie!

Andrew
Try E-bay, lots of people viewing, low advertising cost and can readvertise if does'nt sell free. Just sold a car for a friend that moved to Oz on there and got exactly what he wanted for the car. Hope this helps. By the way get it on there to end auction at a weekend, lots more people bid!!!
Old Sep 17th 2004, 2:38 am
Hello from Brisbane

irishmolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Andrew
We too sold a Renault Scenic before leaving leaving Ireland for Brisbane, I put a free ad in the 'Buy and Sell' paper and the first person who phoned bought it and we had about 20 calls afterwards. Scenics are a popular car and in demand second-hand as it is the perfect family car.

You could also leave it with a family member and ask them to sell it and forward the funds.

Try 'Buy and Sell', its free and you have nothing to lose.

Good luck !

Mr Irishmolly
Old Sep 17th 2004, 8:17 am
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

Andrew

Just sold a Mercedes using Autotrader, loads of calls first person to view bought for full asking price.
To get the price right try online glasses guide etc. Or PM me with details and I will check it for you. (year model colour spec etc)

I was very lucky with the Mercedes, however the last car I sold I sold for £3K under list price, it just depends whether some one wants it or not.

The Autotrader is good, the car goes on website and mag with photo etc, for about £50 for a couple of weeks.

Good Luck

PJ
Old Sep 17th 2004, 9:04 am
Just Joined

pluma is an unknown quantity at this point

sold mine on ebay , took 5 days and got £750.00 more than the garage offered me...... !

all the best plum