Old Sep 17th 2004, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

pokhrea will become famous soon enoughpokhrea will become famous soon enough
Default Help Victorians about Eltham and surroundings

Hello there
can anyone please tell me somethign about
Eltham 3095 Australia I came to know that it is in Victoria near Mel city

How is the place in terms of pop and business prospects and other things
Is it a tourist place? What sort of business will work there?

I need info please help me
thanks
Old Sep 17th 2004, 6:12 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help Victorians about Eltham and surroundings

Originally Posted by pokhrea
Hello there

thanks

http://www.property.homeownerscard.c...roperty&type=1

Type it in this site & Bobs your uncle.
Old Sep 17th 2004, 6:21 am
scoobydoo

Hello there

thanks

Hello...I live in Eltham area!

I will tell you all I know - it is 55 minutes on the train to Flinders Street station in the city. There is also good bus links to other areas and it takes about 45-55 minutes for husband to commute to city centre.
It is not a touristy area but is very leafy, lots of parks and local cycle tracks. Has a leisure centre with swimming pool etc and a selection of shops including a safeway and Coles. Most of the shops are boutiques, books, chemists.
It has a good local library, childcare, 3 public primary schools, a high school and a couple of private schools nearby.
There are loads of hairdressing salons and beauty therapy places, I think there are a lot of mums that stay at home and do the coffee and beauty stuff from what I have seen!!
House prices seem slightly higher than other areas I have seen, and we are renting in a prime spot near a school and transport for £340 a week
Access to the northern country areas is easy and only about 10-15 mins drive.

I do'nt have much knowledge on business opportunities here but I think most things are catered for in the area...having been looking for local work I was struck by how many hairdressers, bakers and real estate jobs there are!!

Hope that helps!

Old Sep 17th 2004, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

pokhrea will become famous soon enoughpokhrea will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by scoobydoo
Hello...I live in Eltham area!

I will tell you all I know - it is 55 minutes on the train to Flinders Street station in the city. There is also good bus links to other areas and it takes about 45-55 minutes for husband to commute to city centre.
It is not a touristy area but is very leafy, lots of parks and local cycle tracks. Has a leisure centre with swimming pool etc and a selection of shops including a safeway and Coles. Most of the shops are boutiques, books, chemists.
It has a good local library, childcare, 3 public primary schools, a high school and a couple of private schools nearby.
There are loads of hairdressing salons and beauty therapy places, I think there are a lot of mums that stay at home and do the coffee and beauty stuff from what I have seen!!
House prices seem slightly higher than other areas I have seen, and we are renting in a prime spot near a school and transport for £340 a week
Access to the northern country areas is easy and only about 10-15 mins drive.

I do'nt have much knowledge on business opportunities here but I think most things are catered for in the area...having been looking for local work I was struck by how many hairdressers, bakers and real estate jobs there are!!

Hope that helps!
So it is kind of easy to look for jobs there right?
Do people commute for daily work to melbourne
from there?
Old Sep 17th 2004, 8:10 am
scoobydoo

So it is kind of easy to look for jobs there right?
Do people commute for daily work to melbourne
from there?

It is easy to get to most places from here, and easy to look for work.....might not be so easy getting work though!

Lots of commuters in this area.

Old Sep 17th 2004, 9:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Eltham used to be in 'the bush', to the north east of the city centre but now in the outer suburbs. It was famous in the past for an artists colony called Monsalvat, now a reception centre:

http://www.montsalvat.com.au/

As Scooby said, leafy, slightly above average property values (Melbourne $358K median, Eltham $389K), not touristy as such but close to tourist destinations such as Yarra Valley, Yarra Ranges etc, good range of shops, schools and so on.

OzTennis