Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

length of wait til visa

length of wait til visa

Old Sep 15th 2002, 9:03 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of
Unhappy length of wait til visa

I would appreciate any details on how long people have waited from sending their application for PR off until they heard anything from Adelaide.

I am in a bit of a quandry regarding application. I have to get a court order for permission to take my child out of the country, this could take 5 - 6months or sooner if I am lucky. My agent suggested sending off the PR form and then sending the court order afterwards. :This would speed the application up, BUT if they do contact me earlier then I have 50 days to send them the court order which I may not have.

What should I do. I obviously I dont want to wait another 6 months until I send the application off, only to wait 15- 18 months to get the final visa.

Also my agent (Go Matilda) told me that the PR's are taking 50 weeks to process at the moment, this sounds a bit fast to me. What do you think ??

Would it make it any faster due to occupation ; primary teacher ? ( I know only nurses are fast tracked, but do they seem to process any occupations before others??)confused:

Thanks for any comments
tinaj
Old Sep 15th 2002, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

mozz48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: length of wait til visa

You stated you were using an agent , Go Matlida , You made a very good choice as well Be guided by them I can also understand at the same time you are obviously anzious as to a number of questions My advice is to do a lot of research on this forum There are lots of people that have had the same questions as you Using the Search button is a very good way and remember there are a lot of people on this forum sharing their experiences Good Luck Gerard
Old Sep 15th 2002, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

poggle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by tinaj:
I would appreciate any details on how long people have waited from sending their application for PR off until they heard anything from Adelaide.

I am in a bit of a quandry regarding application. I have to get a court order for permission to take my child out of the country, this could take 5 - 6months or sooner if I am lucky. My agent suggested sending off the PR form and then sending the court order afterwards. :This would speed the application up, BUT if they do contact me earlier then I have 50 days to send them the court order which I may not have.

What should I do. I obviously I dont want to wait another 6 months until I send the application off, only to wait 15- 18 months to get the final visa.

Also my agent (Go Matilda) told me that the PR's are taking 50 weeks to process at the moment, this sounds a bit fast to me. What do you think ??

Would it make it any faster due to occupation ; primary teacher ? ( I know only nurses are fast tracked, but do they seem to process any occupations before others??)confused:

Thanks for any comments
tinaj

Hi Tinaj!

I and many of us on this forum have found the website www.austimeline.com really helpful! its great for seeing how long other peoples applications take, and the dates for the stages like getting acknowledgment, and being requested for Meds and police checks. It may help to give you a rough idea as to when you'll get yours.

Good luck! hope this helps!

Best wishes Kaff xx
Old Sep 15th 2002, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Diane is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by tinaj:
HI T
This is how our application went

12/12/01 Application received in Adelaide
March 02 Called for medicals & police checks
April 02 Had police checks and medicals done & sent off
June 02 Received pre-visa Grant Advice
Aug 02 Received final confirmation letter & Had sticker put in our passports.

Hope this helps

Diane
Old Sep 15th 2002, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Jamesy is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE][SIZE=1]Originally posted by Diane:
Originally posted by tinaj:
HI T
This is how our application went

12/12/01 Application received in Adelaide
March 02 Called for medicals & police checks
April 02 Had police checks and medicals done & sent off
June 02 Received pre-visa Grant Advice
Aug 02 Received final confirmation letter & Had sticker put in our passports.

Hope this helps

Diane
Hi Diane The timescale your visa was received in seems very short! Can you let me know which class of visa you applied under and if your occupation is on the fast track?

Thanks
Nicki
Old Sep 15th 2002, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

donna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to beholddonna is a splendid one to behold

Hi ya
Application sent on 19/8/02
Acknowledgement receiced on 11/9/02
Currently quoting 50 weeks processing time.
hope this helps somewhat.
donna
Old Sep 15th 2002, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Originally posted by donna:
Hi ya
Application sent on 19/8/02
Acknowledgement receiced on 11/9/02
Currently quoting 50 weeks processing time.
hope this helps somewhat.
donna
Tanhks for the info.
Anyone else applying as a 2412 NOOSR ?

TJ