Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Leicestershire/Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire

Leicestershire/Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire

Old Jun 22nd 2008, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

Sonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really nice
Default Leicestershire/Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire

Hi all,

We are just at the beginning of the very long process of emigrating to Australia, hopefully Perth.
We being me 26, OH 28 and 2 girls aged 7 & 3.
My oh is a bricklayer so we are apllying on the skilled migration visa. Would be interested to meet up with others in the same boat
We live in Leicestershire.
Old Jun 24th 2008, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

damo666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Leicestershire/Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire

Hi Sonn,

We are in the same boat as you, I'm a 33 year old bricky and want to emigrate to Oz with the mrs, 7 year old boy and 3 year old girl. I've passed the 1st Vetassess stage and will be on the practical in Oct. We have an open mind where we want to go, maybe Adelaide or Brisbane.

Damo
Old Jun 24th 2008, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

scrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Sonn
Hi all,

We are just at the beginning of the very long process of emigrating to Australia, hopefully Perth.
My oh is a bricklayer so we are apllying on the skilled migration visa. Would be interested to meet up with others in the same boat
where in leicester are you? we are in Barwell near Hinckley. we Heading to Perth, Have a sponsor and a house to go to. Doing Vettesses test next month and I am a carpenter.
Paul
Old Jun 25th 2008, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

Sonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really niceSonn is just really nice

We are struggling to get a reference from my OH boss who he did an apprenticship with :curse:
We have everything else ready to post to Vetassess!

Scrappyhappy8 - we are from loughborough , It seems your quite sorted, having got a sponsor and house to go too.

Damo66- Providing my OH passes the paper assessment he will hopefully be on the practical in October. Whats made you choose Adelaide or Brisbane?? (Out of interest???)

Have either of you been to Oz before? Do you know anyone out there? Are you planning on doing a reccie???
Old Jun 25th 2008, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

damo666 is an unknown quantity at this point

We will probably be on the same assessment then. We've never been to Oz so are really open on where to go. I do have a cousin in Brisbane so maybe there, we originally thought of Perth but I think the house prices may be high and from what I've read the job situation is not great there for brickies.

I don't mind where I go really, anywhere's got to be better than here!!
Old Jun 25th 2008, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

-Marie- is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by -Marie-
hi all that came to the last meet at end of MAY, as we were leaving (im always last to leave pub) we started discussing timing of next meet and we opted for 5th or 12th September after everyones hols are out of the way (and their reccies)

If you are interested, we normally meet at the Plank & Legit pub from 7pm, details below:

Plank & Legit
Tom Cobleigh Ltd.
Sawley Bridge Marina
Long Eaton
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
NG10 3AE

Tel: 0115-972-1515

Please let me know the general feelings abvout dates and then we can go from there,

hope to see everyone again,

Marie, Dave & boys xx
hi guys

just thought some of you may be interested,

my hubby is a brickie doing practical prob in october, so would be nice to catch up

ta marie

ps, me 27, dave 29, luke 6 and ben nearly 3

Last edited by -Marie-; Jun 25th 2008 at 7:33 pm. Reason: more text
Old Jul 12th 2008, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sonn
Hi all,

Hi, we are also from Leicester but are at the end of the very long process.
There's a great link for help with e-visa's if you want to try it.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Australia_E-Visa_System

It looks REALLY useful.
Good luck all.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

scrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by charlie-k
Hi, we are also from Leicester but are at the end of the very long process.
There's a great link for help with e-visa's if you want to try it.

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Australia_E-Visa_System

It looks REALLY useful.
Good luck all.
Hi Charlie-k not spoken to you for ages how are things going.
I have my pratical assesment on thursday and a bit worried now. What else have you still got to do?
Paul
Old Jul 13th 2008, 11:41 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scrappyhappy8
Hi Charlie-k not spoken to you for ages how are things going.
I have my pratical assesment on thursday and a bit worried now. What else have you still got to do?
Paul
Hellooooooo!
We were granted our Visa's two weeks ago, got stickers in passports from Australia House in London, booked flights for next month - validation trip!
Can't sell house so have to come back.
Don't worry about your practical - I bet it'll be a breeze for you!
If I can help with anything do let me know.