Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Legal Secretaries

Legal Secretaries

Old Jan 29th 2007, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Jode is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Legal Secretaries

I am moving to Secret Harbour, Perth in June 07 and have started to look at employment opportunities for myself, I am a legal secretary. Can anyone recommend any good firms of solicitors to contact? Are the only big firms in the CBD?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jodie
Old Jan 31st 2007, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

Bidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really niceBidd is just really nice
Default Re: Legal Secretaries

Originally Posted by Jode
I am moving to Secret Harbour, Perth in June 07 and have started to look at employment opportunities for myself, I am a legal secretary. Can anyone recommend any good firms of solicitors to contact? Are the only big firms in the CBD?

Jodie
Hi,

I'm in Sydney so not really of that much help but I'm a legal sec also. I did some temp work (general admin) when I arrived and then decided to look for something permanent in legal again. I registered with one agency and made appointments with two others. Within two days the first agency had arranged four job interviews for the Friday and I started work in a permanent role on the Monday so it all happened within the space of a week. I'm in my job nearly three months now and so far so good. I found the legal recruitment agencies on Seek and My Career websites and then just went to their websites to send my CV through.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Tina
Old Jan 31st 2007, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

JohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of lightJohnandMichelle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jode

Jodie
Hi Jodie

Can't help with Perth either I'm afraid - I'm on the Gold Coast. But just to put your mind at rest, I didn't have any trouble finding a legal job, having 10 years' legal experience in Ireland both for a solicitor and a barrister. I was worried about different terminology, forms, etc., but its amazing how quick you get into it. Its mainly different names for things, but you get used to that. I work for a small firm, mainly concentrating on family law, some estate work and also conveyancing (that I don't really do), but all in all, same stuff really. Best of luck - great working in an air conditioned office in this heat.... Michelle x
Old Jan 31st 2007, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for your advice, really appreciate your time in responding.

Jodie x
Old Jan 31st 2007, 7:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

I'm a legal secretary also, and have been researching on the web. I temped in Sydney 12 years ago on a working holiday visa and found it easy to get work. We're heading for Melbourne and I'm going to register with a temp agency when I get there and temp for a while until I find a job I want. I've worked as a legal secretary since I was 18 and I've never had any problem getting a job, and there seems to be loads advertised. I've also worked in UK, Ireland and Australia and its all very similar.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Thanks.... hopefully i'll get something ok then... there's certainly lots advertised.

Bye and good luck x