Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under 2!!!

Wanted Down Under 2!!!

Old Jan 31st 2007, 2:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light
Default Wanted Down Under 2!!!

Ok ok, as far as I know no news for it in the pipeline lol,

but if we were to take control of the 2nd series, who should be the presenter?

Am assuming people might want to see a couple go to that tiny town in victoria. . . whats it called? Oh mulbourth or something lol. Just joking.

UK flags in non-surrender position?

Maybe some updated decider instead of a piece of laminated card?

Useful facts?

And instead of the dodgy family dvd at the end, maybe a surprise mystery guest that jumps into the room and begs them to go back home?

Oh and house prices that meet the family budget might be a good plan???
Old Jan 31st 2007, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

carmil will become famous soon enoughcarmil will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Wanted Down Under 2!!!

Originally Posted by Coppock

Am assuming people might want to see a couple go to that tiny town in victoria. . . whats it called? Oh mulbourth or something lol. Just joking.

Useful facts?

And instead of the dodgy family dvd at the end, maybe a surprise mystery guest that jumps into the room and begs them to go back home?

Yip, great idea, that wee place in Victoria that has never been shown in any of the episodes so far (where we are hoping to go, and gutted that it's not been shown). Just loved the laminated card
Useful facts and sticking to the budget.....right, that's it, are you secretly Richard Madeley trying to get yourself another job after Fortune has finished??
Old Jan 31st 2007, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

nurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant futurenurselindsey has a brilliant future

What about sending them to Kalgoorlie or Coober Peedy? May be a few opal miners in the UK wanting to emigrate, not sure if job on modl though

Drop the incessant pictures of Ulara too

I quite like the girl who presents 60 minute makeover too - think its Terri Dwyer

Lindsey
Old Jan 31st 2007, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

bethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nicebethandneil is just really nice

I think Tony Blair should be made to host it!
then maybe he would get an idea of how the british people really feel about his government and the decisions that he has made for us.
After he has finished the last episode the bbc should maybe feed him to the sharks!
Old Jan 31st 2007, 6:25 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

I think I should present it.
I need a new job and I'm not quite as irritating as Nadia
Old Jan 31st 2007, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

Get rid of the presenter all together, just get somebody to talk over it, and DEFINATELY stop the "drama" of "is this the end of their dreams" with every single family. Has there been one family that hasn't had the "drama" scenario applied to them. The best one was the carpet layer, whose "dream might be over" because he was afraid of heights and might not be able to lay carpets in the sky scrapers on the Gold Coast, I could be wrong, but I don't think they actually attach the carpet to the outside of the building
Old Jan 31st 2007, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Coppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of lightCoppock is a glorious beacon of light

Maybe make some proper lifestyle choices. Like showing the kids bored out of their minds playing on their Nintendo DS in the UK cos it's chucking it down outside, and then having them try out surfing, or cycling in the sun. I think that's a fair comparison.

Maybe get the kids to have a day at school and say which they prefer, aussie schools or UK.

No presenter would be a good plan, lol at tony blair being fed to sharks. Maybe have George Bush in a kameo role?
Old Jan 31st 2007, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

Louiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to beholdLouiselondon is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dollydaydream2
Get rid of the presenter all together, just get somebody to talk over it, and DEFINATELY stop the "drama" of "is this the end of their dreams" with every single family. Has there been one family that hasn't had the "drama" scenario applied to them. The best one was the carpet layer, whose "dream might be over" because he was afraid of heights and might not be able to lay carpets in the sky scrapers on the Gold Coast, I could be wrong, but I don't think they actually attach the carpet to the outside of the building
good one, although my personal favourite was 'will they like the coffee and be able to pursue their dream or are they commited to english tea' !!!!!!
Its absolute rubbish
Louise
Old Jan 31st 2007, 8:27 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Louiselondon
good one, although my personal favourite was 'will they like the coffee and be able to pursue their dream or are they commited to english tea' !!!!!!
Its absolute rubbish
Louise
Someone should tell Nadia whatserface that they sell PG Tips in Coles
Old Jan 31st 2007, 11:13 pm
In my own little world!

belleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to beholdbelleandscone is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: Wanted Down Under 2!!!

Originally Posted by dollydaydream2
Ha, they shouldve made him carpet a least one floor of the skyscraper on the outside - now that would have been entertaining!

Also for WDU 2 please when you tell a family where they are going at least send them there

For the voice over you need they guy who narrates "the garage" and "how its made", love his voice .

There's my tupinsworth. Also can i be in it if your going to pay our airfair and accomodation for a week - dont care if you make me look like an arse!
Clairex
Old Jan 31st 2007, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

monkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond reputemonkeypeaches has a reputation beyond repute

Useful facts?

Maybe Kristian from To Buy or Not to Buy? Yum.
Maybe have them make decisions on things more important than fish and chips.
Maybe have more people who work in office-based jobs - programmers, accountants etc.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 11:54 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Useful facts?

How about a mash-up of Cash in the Attic and Wanted Down Under called something like 'A New Life in the Loft', in which a load of wannabe immigrants redress the sins of their family's convict past by descending on a distant aussie relatives house, ransacking it for vaguely saleable knick-knacks and then auctioning them in budgie smugglers on Bondi with 'Do you come from a land down under' playing in the background.

Old Feb 1st 2007, 5:29 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

But surely it's all nonsense anyway. They are taken out to look at an area for one week, before they have a visa. Asking if they are going to stay or go back is pointless - they are all going back to get on with real UK life whilst waiting for a visa, waiting for the house to get sold etc etc.

It may be real in that they use real people but the situation is not real - then it becomes a soap/drama series.

And I don't want to seem picky (oh sod it yes I do) but for 99% of the people who are watching this series, it is just an enjoyable view. They couldn't care less about the rights or wrongs of the info given. It's only a small minority that are actually in a position to understand what is happening.

Saying that, I obviously haven't seen any of it so don't really care less anyway
Old Feb 1st 2007, 7:05 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by belleandscone
Also for WDU 2 please when you tell a family where they are going at least send them there
Ha. I dreamt last night that I was watching WDU (sad I know), and in my dream they were going to adelaide, but the house they had rented for a week was in Melbourne. All i remember thinking was "hey melbourne's on here, all you lot will be pleased"

I need to get a life lol.