Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Leeds to Central Coast. Help!? Advice?!

Leeds to Central Coast. Help!? Advice?!

Old Dec 31st 2012, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

AndyD69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leeds to Central Coast. Help!? Advice?!

Hi everyone, new to the site so please go easy

I am looking at moving our family from Leeds to lake Macquarie area or similar. I have family in Tumbi Umbi (near the entrance) and we have a base there for as long as required.

I am a designer (websites, graphics) and also have been Marketing Director. My wife is in social media and administration etc. I run my own business here and it is in part transferable, but for a visa I would take a job initially.

Can anyone help with work in the region... How difficult or otherwise it is in this area to find work in this field?

Also, where is good to live in the area? It all looks amazing when compared to suburban Leeds!

Any advice more than welcome.

Andy
Old Dec 31st 2012, 3:35 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leeds to Central Coast. Help!? Advice?!

Originally Posted by AndyD69
Hi everyone, new to the site so please go easy

I am looking at moving our family from Leeds to lake Macquarie area or similar. I have family in Tumbi Umbi (near the entrance) and we have a base there for as long as required.

I am a designer (websites, graphics) and also have been Marketing Director. My wife is in social media and administration etc. I run my own business here and it is in part transferable, but for a visa I would take a job initially.

Can anyone help with work in the region... How difficult or otherwise it is in this area to find work in this field?

Also, where is good to live in the area? It all looks amazing when compared to suburban Leeds!

Any advice more than welcome.

Andy
First thing to do is check whether you can get a visa. www.immi.gov.au The rest is secondary.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
First thing to do is check whether you can get a visa. www.immi.gov.au The rest is secondary.
Yep, done that and it is positive indications, Dorothy. Still early days, but researching in earnest!
Old Dec 31st 2012, 7:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

As above you need to look into the visa situation first, I am not sure if either occupation qualifies. Check the skilled occupation lists that you will find on the website provided.

If you do get a visa, I think you will need to let work drive where you live. I like the look of the Whitsundays but there is not much call for corporate accountants there, so I ended up in Sydney. I think you might find the same on he Central Coast. Perhaps in due course you can work at home though in your occupation?
Old Jan 14th 2013, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

Hi Bermuda, thanks for the reply. Yes, hopefully I can start working from home again at some point. But, I am monthan happy to do what it takes to settle into Aus with a job and hard work/commute as required.

Anyone know just how hard it is to get a job/sponsor for a 457 in marketing/design field?

Thank you, Andy