Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Leaving the UK P85 Form

Leaving the UK P85 Form

Old Jul 10th 2009, 4:56 pm
Banned

Sooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really nice
Default Leaving the UK P85 Form

Leaving the UK P85 Form

Could I ask, when or if you have filled out a P85 form, has anyone filled one out to request tax paid to be returned to you when you have left savings in the UK.

I suppose what I am asking is if you leave savings earning interest in the UK, do you still fill out a P85 form to get your tax back from earnings. Or do you wait until the end of the tax year and fill out a R40 form. The R40 form allows you to request back the tax paid on savings and earnings at the end of the tax year, if you have paid too much tax above your personal allowance, it basically gives you the rest of your allowance, if you have not received it throughout the full tax year.

Sooty
Old Jul 11th 2009, 6:12 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving the UK P85 Form

Its up to you. Its as long as its short in the long run. Just depends if you want some refund now or if you want to wait till May.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 9:01 am
Banned

Sooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really niceSooty and Sweep is just really nice
Default Re: Leaving the UK P85 Form

Hi,

Three Forms, which one do you think in most appropriate?

I will be owed tax back from PAYE earnings in the UK, April until August 09, also i am leaving all my savings in the UK, paying tax at source 20%, for the reat of the tax year 09-10 and probably beyond looking at the exchange rate at the moment.

R43 Form
Claim to personal allowances and tax repayment by an individual not resident in the UK

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cnr/r43-2009.pdf

R40 Form
Savings Tax Repayment Form

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/forms/r40.pdf

P85 Form
Leaving the United Kingdom Tax Repayment Form

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/cnr/p85.pdf

Anyone needing the forms, i have enclosed the links for you.

Sooty