leaving kids

Old Mar 15th 2008, 10:29 am
Dreams can come true :)

Babycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: leaving kids

Originally Posted by martynmartyn
i am awaiting my visa ( any day now) and i have a 6 year old, i am still with him and his mum but i am so unhappy i was asked to come out to work in aus and slowly everything is moving along and is now at the point where its going to be granted, i sit on that settee everynight wondering how the hell i am going to explain myself , i have kept it so quiet that even my mum dad familly & friends dont know, i feel sick writing this, and am sorry if i offend anyone. best wishes to all of u.
OMG I am so sorry that you are in this situation. I assume that there is no way that you and your partner can work this out otherwise there would be no need for the secrecy. However, if she is not expecting you two to separate and you just up and leave I think that the pain that this will cause not only to her and you, but also to your son, could be really detrimental to all of you. Perhaps it would be better to be brave and go through with the split sooner and then bring up Oz after the dust has settled. No on should stay in a relationship that makes them so unhappy but I think you should try and split with dignity, and respect for each other. Whatever you do try and do it with kindness. This is just my opinion so ignore it all if you want to. Either way all the best though...
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:25 pm
ANNE&JAY

ANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud ofANNE&JAY has much to be proud of

Hi Everyone,

I am also leaving my 21 year old son when we fly out in April. Initially he was coming and validated his visa but it he says its not the right time to come out even though he liked Australia.
He decided to join the army to train as an avionics technician and passed out in February. At the moment my beautiful boy is home for a months leave so at least we are able to spend this precious time together.
He has a wonderful girlfriend where he will stay when he's on leave but that doesn't stop me feeling like i'm abandoning him. I cried myself to sleep last night just thinking of leaving him and dreading the final goodbye.
He is my only child and I'll be giving him the money to come and visit as soon as he can. I just live in the hope that he will come and join us eventually.

Anne xxx
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by martynmartyn
i am awaiting my visa ( any day now) and i have a 6 year old, i am still with him and his mum but i am so unhappy i was asked to come out to work in aus and slowly everything is moving along and is now at the point where its going to be granted, i sit on that settee everynight wondering how the hell i am going to explain myself , i have kept it so quiet that even my mum dad familly & friends dont know, i feel sick writing this, and am sorry if i offend anyone. best wishes to all of u.
Can't understand why you've not discussed this with anyone. Honest is the best policy. Your other half will go mental and turn your son against you. Hope you've thought this through fully
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tiggeroo
I am very new to this, only registered this morning. We received our Visas in January and still cannot sell our house. I am having to leave my 21 yr old son (at Uni in London) and my 18 yr old daughter renting a room in lovely house and no permanant job yet) here. They have no other family here apart from my wonderful mother and father in law, who are my new husbands parents. It has not sunk in yet that I will probably not see them again for a long, long time. I have another daughter, from my previous marriage, who is 14 and a 20 month old son with my new husband, who happens to be 8 years younger than me. I don't think my husband understands how hard it will be for me when the time comes. I am very, very close to all of my children, the older 3 lost their Dad, my first husband, to suicide 13 years ago, which made us very tight knit. I know we are doing the right thing in going to The Gold Coast, especially for the younger two and have always wanted to go, I have family in Cairns, I just know that when it comes, it's going to break my heart. Just make sure you have some money put to one side in case you have to get back here quick for your kids for any reason, or have to fly them over to you! That's what I'm going to do. Let me know how you DO cope and I'll keep you up to date on my dilema too. Good luck!

Oh my goodness I admire your strength. One of my new expat pals has done this and her daughter just returned to the Uk after a visit. She found it really tough. I think you are all very brave to do this... I dont know if I have that strength in me....

PS Welcome to the site tiggeroo...where on GC you headed?
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scratchey
hi
has anyone had to leave children behind? we have our visa but i struggleing with leaving my 2 eldest children behind even though they bare 21 and 17. they still live with their mum but i see them regularly. so, if anyone else has been through this could you enlighten me on how you coped with this. did you go and have to return etc?

cheers scratchey
Hey Scratchey
My son moved over with us but after a year decided he wanted to go back to the UK as, although he loved Oz, he just missed the rest of his family & friends. He was 13. He went back to live with his Dad, and I saw him once a year to start with. He is now 23, I haven't seen him for nearly 4 years and miss him like crazy. He still talks about moving over here but at the end of the day he hast to want it enough, as he will have to apply and get a visa on his own merits.
You'll be surprised at what you can endure - I certainly wouldn't have thought I could, but I have 2 other children to think about and their lives here are far richer than anything they would have had in England (not in $ terms).
Good luck.