Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Leaving for the Gold Coast on the 22nd Jan

Leaving for the Gold Coast on the 22nd Jan

Old Jan 16th 2007, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving for the Gold Coast on the 22nd Jan

Originally Posted by steve`o
definatley mate

everything just slotted into place over the last 3 months
we have just put down a deposit on a house and hopefully when thats all sorted we can settle down and chill for a bit

regards steve

our story to dates on

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400962
yes I've enjoyed reading it so that area feels right for you then? we loved it there, but wondered if the house prices might be a bit steep on varsity lakes? didn't enquire though!!!!
Old Jan 16th 2007, 8:32 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by curly
yes I've enjoyed reading it so that area feels right for you then? we loved it there, but wondered if the house prices might be a bit steep on varsity lakes? didn't enquire though!!!!
yeah varsity house costs are well over the top
we have bought in worongary ( about 10 minutes away ) for half what we would pay in varsity
Old Jan 16th 2007, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

its 6.32am sunny and about 20 22 degress at the moment with an expected high of 28 today
Could you please keep this information to yourself. It is 9.35pm here, absolutly pi*$*ng it down and very dull. We can't wait to join all you people out there.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 5:59 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grahampaula
Could you please keep this information to yourself. It is 9.35pm here, absolutly pi*$*ng it down and very dull. We can't wait to join all you people out there.

sorry it was wrong anyway we ended up with 33 degrees today

runs and hides
Old Jan 17th 2007, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

FloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant futureFloridaLee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by yorkies
Hi

We went for a reccie last August aswell. This was the area we
most liked. My daughter is 5 and went into year 1 in September 2006.
She will start Year 1 in Australia along with all the other children
starting school. We have her registered at Varsity College, though
when we arrive we will only have 2 days to sort out the rest of
the paperwork and get her uniform!!!!
It's going to be stressful!!!!

Yorkies
Just a quick question ..... do you still have to live within a zone area for Varsity College ?? i.e. If you live in Robina can you still have your kids go to Varsity College ??

I know they used to be strict on the zoning ... not sure about now ????

Lee
Old Jan 17th 2007, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

All the best for your new life. Hope everything goes well.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 11:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all

All the best, have a safe journey and good luck with your new life.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by FloridaLee
Just a quick question ..... do you still have to live within a zone area for Varsity College ?? i.e. If you live in Robina can you still have your kids go to Varsity College ??

Lee
You might be in the zone for Robina Primary if you live in Robina. Robina Primary is an excellent school.
Old Jan 17th 2007, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

psaint7 will become famous soon enough

Hey yorkies,

All the best. Not quite on the same flight but am leaving on Sunday (21st) from Heathrow. Will be on the Gold Coast by monday night!! WOO WOO!
Old Jan 17th 2007, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

yorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to all

Originally Posted by FloridaLee

Lee
Hi

Yes we still had to be in the catchment area. The area
where our rental is , is classed as Robina but is just up
the road from Varsity College. I agree with the other
post Robina primary seems a really good school. We looked
at both. It just happened that the rental we got was closer
to Varsity. I'm just lazy!!!
Thanks for all the messages wishing us luck. It's much
appreciated.

Yorkies
Old Jan 17th 2007, 4:04 pm
Worongary

Hi

Yes we still had to be in the catchment area. The area
where our rental is , is classed as Robina but is just up
the road from Varsity College. I agree with the other
post Robina primary seems a really good school. We looked
at both. It just happened that the rental we got was closer
to Varsity. I'm just lazy!!!
Thanks for all the messages wishing us luck. It's much
appreciated.

Yorkies
hi guys
like i said earlier if you need any help, want pointing in the right direction for anything or just fancy coffee and a chat just email us

regards steve deb n terri
Old Jan 17th 2007, 4:19 pm
I've got time . . . . .

temptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to beholdtemptininnit is a splendid one to behold

Hello

I haven't posted often but just to let you all know that we
are leaving on Emirates from Manchester on the evening of
22nd January. We only exchanged on the house yesterday
after one sale fell through at the last minute...it sold again
the next day.
Our furniture etc went out at the beginning of December
and is there now. We have a rental already in Robina and
my little girl is going to school at the end of January.
I feel very anxious at the moment, hoping that we are doing
the right thing!!! But I suppose that is normal.

I'll let you know how it goes.
By the way, is there any one else on this flight?

Yorkies
Good luck mate, I thought you had to be in country when your furniture arrives? Is that not true now?
Old Jan 17th 2007, 4:42 pm
Just Joined

yorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to allyorkies is a name known to all

Originally Posted by temptininnit
Good luck mate, I thought you had to be in country when your furniture arrives? Is that not true now?
Hi

We just filled out an unaccompanied effects form and gave copies of
our passport and visas.

Ill let you know how it turns out.

Yorkies
Old Jan 17th 2007, 4:59 pm
Worongary

Originally Posted by psaint7
Hey yorkies,

All the best. Not quite on the same flight but am leaving on Sunday (21st) from Heathrow. Will be on the Gold Coast by monday night!! WOO WOO!
where are you guys heading for ??
Old Jan 18th 2007, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

debsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to alldebsy is a name known to all

where are you guys heading for ??
You are up early Have you managed to get Broadband yet?

I hope that you will be luckier than us Yorkies as getting Broadband in Varisty is a big problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.