leaving

Old Apr 18th 2004, 9:57 am
mick n cheryl

Hi Sally

Well done and good luck with everything Hope things stay good for you and peaceful

Mick n Cheryl

Old Apr 18th 2004, 10:12 am

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

Hi Sally,

Just wanted to say keep on being positive!

It will be a bit strange staying in the same home but suddenly being single I guess. Everything will work out for you though; just when you think there's no solution to a problem an answer will present itself.

I left my husband 12 years ago when my daughters were 7 and 5(not an abusive relationship but it was still hard to walk away) and took nothing with me other than personal bits and pieces. Now I'm about to head for Aus on the biggest adventure of my life, equipped with a professional accountancy qualification and a Masters degree and hopefully around £80k of equity from my house sale.

None of this seemed likely, even in my wildest dreams, when I left my husband, yet here I am and bl***y proud of myself!

You will get through this difficult time - your strength comes through in your posts.

Don't forget too that there are people here to support you if you need us.

All the best,

Elaine M
Old May 1st 2004, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

invictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really niceinvictia is just really nice
Default leaving - part 2!

Well things are not working well, both being in the same town, which is very small is difficult, I've had a lot of emotional blackmail from him and some of his friends, even coming into my shop to talk to me! He phones all the time, leaving text messages on my mobile when I'm on the shop floor, keeps finding "excuses" to come back to the house and starts the tears again! Kids keep retreating to their bedrooms again. 16 yr old wants to leave school and get out of town.
So it looks like I shall be on my way to the East Coast after all, just trying to save a bit more money before I go! Looking originally at Mackay/Rockhampton, but not sure whether I should go to Cairns instead. I need cheapish accomm ($150 mark) as I shall be on full Single Parent Benefit for a few weeks, only hope I can get a good reference from my employer here, as I shall probably leave in a bit of a hurry!
Also need to be able to set up PO Box before I leave, back account is sorted, mobile is sorted as well.
Any info on schools in these areas would be appreciated, many thanks to Mick and Cheryl for the PM, hope to see you in a few weeks.
Old May 1st 2004, 5:33 pm
rudo1ph

Hi

I can't offer any advice as to where to live, but really really good luck to you. You are one very brave lady and you should be so proud of yourself for what you are doing.

Good Luck

Rudi
xx

Old May 1st 2004, 8:50 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

sally,
good luck hunny!!!!
i will keep everything crossed it all goes smoothly for you....

sue
xxx