Why Australia ?

Old Apr 28th 2004, 5:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond reputeDicko has a reputation beyond repute
Default Why Australia ?

Got into a bit of a discussion today about best places to emigrate? A few lads said they would love Canada some mentioned New Zealand and of course I emphasised the pros for OZ but it got me thinking about why are people on this board choosing OZ above the other places?

I know my main reasons are the weather, lifestyle and the amount of holidays etc to spend with the family.

Just wondering what are other peoples reasons for not choosing the other places?
Old Apr 28th 2004, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Because my Brother was living here and had been for 36 years when he left on the boat with my Father.
We suddenly started making contact and a couple of visits later. walla we are here and very happy too.

Whisky
Old Apr 28th 2004, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Why Australia ?

Cos, we can't afford to retire to Antigua, so will work hard to achieve our dream in Australia!
rach x
Old Apr 28th 2004, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

jasper pentop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Dicko
Got into a bit of a discussion today about best places to emigrate? A few lads said they would love Canada some mentioned New Zealand and of course I emphasised the pros for OZ but it got me thinking about why are people on this board choosing OZ above the other places?

I know my main reasons are the weather, lifestyle and the amount of holidays etc to spend with the family.

Just wondering what are other peoples reasons for not choosing the other places?
Aust and NZ are on equal footing to me, though Oz with the bigger population might have more to offer - and canada - IT SNOWS AND ITS COLD.
Weather better in Aus An better accents than canadian *wink*
Old Apr 28th 2004, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

CrazyCanuck is an unknown quantity at this point

> and canada - IT SNOWS AND ITS COLD.
> Weather better in Aus

That's right... Canada is too bloody COLD!!!!
Old Apr 28th 2004, 7:38 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

Originally posted by CrazyCanuck
> Weather better in Aus

We are going to oz for the weather,better education for my daughter,friendly people,relaxed atmosphere instead of the rush rush factor in england.
more time to spend relaxing at the weekends with family etc,
Not as much crime,drugs etc.
Look how long it takes a uk citizen to get into oz and how long it takes a non uk citizen to get into the uk.

Good Thread.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 7:43 pm
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future

Originally posted by CrazyCanuck
> Weather better in Aus

We are going to oz for the weather,better education for my daughter,friendly people,relaxed atmosphere instead of the rush rush factor in england.
Look how long it takes a uk citizen to get into oz and how long it takes a non uk citizen to get into the uk.

Good Thread.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 7:59 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Think economics. Aus = same GDP per capita as UK. NZ = same GDP per capita as Burundi.

Money isn't everything.
Old Apr 28th 2004, 8:02 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

First criteria, an english speaking country would help integration.

First thought about emigrating when we were in Sth Africa, but dismiss there given it still has a lot of issues to sort out.

Canada, I like my diving and I don't want to cut a hole in the ice to do so

USA, would have to be by the coast (see above), lack of holiday entitlement for employees and generally it never appealed to us for anything more than a visit.

NZ, would have been harder for us to get in, but given lack of population the kind of work being sought would be difficult to come by.

Oz, cause we can (got the points ), I liked the placed from what I saw when visiting (took hubbie), talking to people who had emigrated/spent considerable time there, and prospects for jobs in Sydney are there.

Climate comes into it, as well as being able to afford to get there, try it out, stay if we like it, return if we don't.

Mainly cause we can, so why not
Old Apr 28th 2004, 8:13 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by walaj
First criteria,
What's this about bun in oven?
Old Apr 28th 2004, 10:20 pm
Mel Gibson

Regarding Canada, who wants to live in a country where if you go to take a leak outside you have to have your penis amputated
because of frost bite. they drive on the wrong side of the road and there are alot of French people who want a separate state
and want you to give up English and speak French.
New Zealand only has a population of 3.8 million compared to
Australia's 20 million, its economy is stagnant compared to Australia's booming economy, ther are more employment opportunities in Australia which is shown by the large numbers of New Zealanders who immigrate to Australia every year. Maori
and Pacific Islanders make up 15% of the population and there are more racial and land rights problems compared to Australia where Aboriginals only make up 1.5% of the population.
New Zealand has some nice mountain scenery, but your better off living in Australia and going there for a holiday. Australia
has a better climate, better economy, better beaches and more things to do.

Old Apr 28th 2004, 11:22 pm
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by leannefr
You must live in a pretty bad area if you are thinking about moving to Logan City & think there will be less crime & drugs :scared: :scared: :scared: .
Old Apr 28th 2004, 11:32 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by leannefr

OH MY GOD!!!!:scared: :scared:
Old Apr 29th 2004, 12:36 am
Badge

I've got my helmet on and ready for the flak!!!

WARNING There is crime in Australia. Write it out 100 times.

HOWEVER you are more likely to be able to afford a NICE area in Australia than the UK due to the favourable FX rate..

BM

Old Apr 29th 2004, 1:54 am
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

All valid points but the one that sealed it for me was actually goin there. Its a different world as regards to lifestyle and big city locations (near the sea), as they say if you dont try and all.
ATB

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.