Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Leavin rental early in Perth- what are the penalties?

Leavin rental early in Perth- what are the penalties?

Old Jul 9th 2007, 5:32 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Leavin rental early in Perth- what are the penalties?

Hi,
We signed a short term 6 month lease on a rental in Perth but have now found a great house to buy and will move in with still three months left on the rental term. I expect to have to pay a fee but i am hoping that it will not be three months rent.. anyone know what the legislation here is in WA with regards to the penalties incured?
Alternatively anyone want a great 3 bed plus sleepout rental in Mount Lawley from the middle of August

Cheers

Chris
Old Jul 9th 2007, 5:37 am
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leavin rental early in Perth- what are the penalties?

Originally Posted by chrispy
Hi,
We signed a short term 6 month lease on a rental in Perth but have now found a great house to buy and will move in with still three months left on the rental term. I expect to have to pay a fee but i am hoping that it will not be three months rent.. anyone know what the legislation here is in WA with regards to the penalties incured?
Alternatively anyone want a great 3 bed plus sleepout rental in Mount Lawley from the middle of August

Cheers

Chris
http://www.docep.wa.gov.au/default_c...er&sub=renting
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Renting_a_Home.pdf (188.9 KB, 69 views)
Old Jul 9th 2007, 5:57 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Hi,

Cheers

Chris
I think as long as you get someone else in, you will be ok. If not you will have to pay up.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

chrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of lightchrispy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I think as long as you get someone else in, you will be ok. If not you will have to pay up.
Rats.. that is what i thought, thanks for confirming it... so anyone want a renatl in Mount lawley?

Cheers

Chris
Old Jul 9th 2007, 8:59 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Rats.. that is what i thought, thanks for confirming it... so anyone want a renatl in Mount lawley?

Cheers

Chris
We got someone else in but despite cleaning all the carpets / windows etc only got back 400 of 1200. We did have a 12 month lease and broke after just 3 months and most things are pro rata-ed. (Saved $100K on the house by doing it though so not so bothered!)
Old Jul 9th 2007, 10:32 am
Gone for Good

binky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud ofbinky has much to be proud of

Hi,

Cheers

Chris
We did the same and were told we'd have to pay the rent until they found someone else. Fortunately they got someone straight away. And yes if you can help them in any way to find someone to take over the rent that would help!
Old Jul 9th 2007, 11:31 am
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

We broke our lease 3 months early - gave the agents plenty of notice - they advertised and had someone ready to move in within 2 weeks of us leaving. We just paid the rent up until the day the new tenant moved in plus an advertising fee of about $260 I think (which equated to one weeks rent).

My advice would be to keep your agents in the know - get them advertising asap with an 'available from date'

Good luck
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Cheers

Chris
This attachment might put you in the picture?
Attached Files
File Type: doc
ending a tenancy.doc (113.0 KB, 83 views)