Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Leaning slowly to going

Leaning slowly to going

Old May 24th 2005, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Shadowfox is just really niceShadowfox is just really niceShadowfox is just really niceShadowfox is just really niceShadowfox is just really niceShadowfox is just really niceShadowfox is just really niceShadowfox is just really nice
Default Leaning slowly to going

Hi all

Well having put in on the backburner for a while I have more recently leaned stronger and stronger to going to Australia
I'm studying away for both IT qualifications as well as equestrian ones so that the chances of my getting a job if I go would be better.
I've set a target for myself of applying this time 12 months should I decide to go ahead as I would have more the sufficient funds by then. In the meantime I want to research all of the pros and cons of the main cities to see which would be suitable for me.
I suspect I'll have my nose in a book until the moment I step on the plane

I'm also looking to see ALL the good and bad points of going down under and hopefully avoid some of the pitfalls. Despite living here in Dublin I have'nt put down roots here which would make it a little easier to make a decision as to where would be right for me.

Expect me to be regularly here from now on with 1001 questions !!
Old May 24th 2005, 2:31 pm
Shaz

Shazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant futureShazrazmataz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Leaning slowly to going

Just like to wish you all the best on your 'roller coaster' ride !
Old May 24th 2005, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadowfox
Hi all

Well having put in on the backburner for a while I have more recently leaned stronger and stronger to going to Australia
I'm studying away for both IT qualifications as well as equestrian ones so that the chances of my getting a job if I go would be better.
I've set a target for myself of applying this time 12 months should I decide to go ahead as I would have more the sufficient funds by then. In the meantime I want to research all of the pros and cons of the main cities to see which would be suitable for me.

I'm also looking to see ALL the good and bad points of going down under and hopefully avoid some of the pitfalls. Despite living here in Dublin I have'nt put down roots here which would make it a little easier to make a decision as to where would be right for me.

Well, having worked in Dublin for 5 years, and now living in Brisbane, and being in IT, I *may* be able to help you with any questions, regarding IT, jobs etc. Also worked in Melbourne for a while so, its not like I'm biased to one area.

Cant help you with the horsey stuff of course

JTL
Old May 24th 2005, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Shadowfox is just really niceShadowfox is just really niceShadowfox is just really niceShadowfox is just really niceShadowfox is just really niceShadowfox is just really niceShadowfox is just really niceShadowfox is just really nice

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Well, having worked in Dublin for 5 years, and now living in Brisbane, and being in IT, I *may* be able to help you with any questions, regarding IT, jobs etc. Also worked in Melbourne for a while so, its not like I'm biased to one area.

Cant help you with the horsey stuff of course

JTL
I'll be taking my Comptia A+ and Network+ and also hopefully 2 Mcps before I make the application. If the application takes as long as I think it will then I should hopefully have added to that lot if it goes through

How would employers in Australia view those. Oh I also have 8 years helpdesk experience
Old May 24th 2005, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be taking my Comptia A+ and Network+ and also hopefully 2 Mcps before I make the application. If the application takes as long as I think it will then I should hopefully have added to that lot if it goes through

How would employers in Australia view those. Oh I also have 8 years helpdesk experience
Ok, got the idea of where your coming from, skills wise. Its late here, and I've gotta go to bed, I'll get back to you with some info tomorrrow,

Some others on the forum might come up with the info before me

JTL
Old May 24th 2005, 2:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Ok, got the idea of where your coming from, skills wise. Its late here, and I've gotta go to bed, I'll get back to you with some info tomorrrow,

Some others on the forum might come up with the info before me

JTL

No worries. Post it here and I'll check it at the weekend as I would'nt be back in work till then. I'll get a notification forwarded to my inbox though so should be able to pick it up there
Old May 24th 2005, 3:04 pm
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all

havent got a clue about IT, but having lived in or visited rellies in, various cities .....

Brissie - my "home" city so to speak. OK I was born and brought up in Grafton but 75% of rellies live in Brisbane, so ..... Nice city, but a bit humid. If we hadn't had a family fallout I would maybe have moved here.

Sydney - a few rellies live here but you couldnt pay me enough ....... (nothing to do with the rellies though)

Melbourne - even worse than sydney ! and have you seen the weather (I may be biased here cos visited Melb when I was 11 and it was the first time I saw sleet (altho I thought it was snow at the time) )

Perth - been living here for a year and love it, so am def biased