A league

Old Aug 18th 2005, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: A league

Originally Posted by rab
I'll be *roaring* on Adelaide United against Queensland at the first home game of the A League here on Friday 2nd September.

Does anyone one know what TV coverage is palanned. Is SBS doing it or will it be hidden away on Foxtel?

Personally I will be pleased just to see the end of the AFL season - it is one of the huge disadvantages of moving here - it's a football wilderness. Good luck to the A League though!!!
Foxtel have it. I am hoping there will be radio coverage aswell as we don't have cable.

Katie
Old Aug 18th 2005, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kevingallen
If you are happy to roar on a team of croations and Greeks then Aussie league is for you. Not too diiferent from supporting Chelsea & Arsenal really is it! Lets be honest us "soccer" lovers would roar on a team of one legged smurfs if that was all that was available, still more pationately than Rugby
that is so true, i was thinking of trying to find a local team to watch, lol even the local children
Old Aug 18th 2005, 1:11 pm
Forum Regular

Quokka will become famous soon enoughQuokka will become famous soon enough

If you are happy to roar on a team of croations and Greeks then Aussie league is for you. Not too diiferent from supporting Chelsea & Arsenal really is it! Lets be honest us "soccer" lovers would roar on a team of one legged smurfs if that was all that was available, still more pationately than Rugby
Bit racist there.

I think you'll find that most players are Aussies, despite their surnames.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

kevingallen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Quokka
Bit racist there.

I think you'll find that most players are Aussies, despite their surnames.

No racism intended, just directing you to the fact that the last Sydney game I whatched I found that almost every surname ended in vich, or ich, or dopopolos. I will admit though that at the time Terry Veneables was National Coach, so might be rather different now.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 10:04 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

No racism intended, just directing you to the fact that the last Sydney game I whatched I found that almost every surname ended in vich, or ich, or dopopolos. I will admit though that at the time Terry Veneables was National Coach, so might be rather different now.
Why would the surnames change? Australia has taken in migrants from nations other than Britain.
Old Aug 18th 2005, 10:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
Why would the surnames change? Australia has taken in migrants from nations other than Britain.
Yes, amazing but true. Some people mught not beleive there are other races apart from Aussies and Brits when they arrive.

Im sure somewhere there is a GreeceExpats.com site with a Bixiopolus, Bridjiopolus, Frazeropolus and maybe even an ABCopulus. Probably also a ItaliaExpats.com, TurkExpats.com and so on so forth.

And yes, they are probably also saying how shite the A League is compared to back home where they play real football!!
Old Aug 18th 2005, 10:40 pm
Forum Regular

bluenose3 is a jewel in the roughbluenose3 is a jewel in the roughbluenose3 is a jewel in the roughbluenose3 is a jewel in the rough

My son was at MEL Uni for 12 months (just back). I had to text him the scores all the time. Didn't see the champs league, and even missed the Final!

Every time I've been over I've felt really cut off from the real thing.