A league

Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold
Default A league

Is anyone else excited by the new Aussie soccer league starting in 8 days time. Despite attempts to get into rugby/AFL I really miss soccer so am hoping that this new league will take off. Though my team to be have a bit of a naff name "Queensland roar"

http://www.a-league.com.au/?menuItemID=512
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A league

Originally Posted by KatieStar
Is anyone else excited by the new Aussie soccer league starting in 8 days time. Despite attempts to get into rugby/AFL I really miss soccer so am hoping that this new league will take off. Though my team to be have a bit of a naff name "Queensland roar"

Queensland Roar you say, is Bix a part of that then?
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

KatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to beholdKatieStar is a splendid one to behold

LOL well I think he could fit right in I guess the thinking behind it is that the AFL team is the lions so then the soccer team is the roar.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:11 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

I will go and watch Perth Glory a few times. Steve McMahon is the manager and Brian Deane has just signed up. The only other names I recognise are a couple of Aussies who may have played in the UK - Colisimo and Tarka.
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

I didn't realise Steve McMahon was managing a team. I hope the Roars have got themselves a good manager. After years of being disappointed with Spurs lack of winning form it would be great to support a winning team. I would like to go and watch a few games, I will have to get a baby sitter
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

WacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura aboutWacandJill has a spectacular aura about

HI there. New to board. Sorry but where do I go to ask a question. Tried to go on live help but cant find this page again? Just learning computer skills. Many thanks
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:30 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

Steve McMahon couldn't manage a crap ...

He hasn't been the same since I sat on his knee at an Isle of Man Everton Supporters Club Dinner Dance back in 1978 ...

Three Legs

I didn't realise Steve McMahon was managing a team. I hope the Roars have got themselves a good manager. After years of being disappointed with Spurs lack of winning form it would be great to support a winning team. I would like to go and watch a few games, I will have to get a baby sitter
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:32 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone who likes soccer, the Aussies are playing a world cup qualifying match early next month

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/...=all&ym=200509

Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:38 pm
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point

The eyes, the eyes, look into the eyes, not around the eyes ...the eyes, you're under ...

Bridiej - When you wake the term Soccer will be earsed from your mental databank ... you will always refer to the round ball game as it's proper name football ... Soccer is for Australians and Americans who know nothing about the beautiful game ...

1 - 2 - 3

You're back in the room ...

Kenny Craig
Stage Hypnotist

Originally Posted by bridiej
Anyone who likes soccer, the Aussies are playing a world cup qualifying match early next month

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/...=all&ym=200509

Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:46 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Three Legs
The eyes, the eyes, look into the eyes, not around the eyes ...the eyes, you're under ...

Bridiej - When you wake the term Soccer will be earsed from your mental databank ... you will always refer to the round ball game as it's proper name football ... Soccer is for Australians and Americans who know nothing about the beautiful game ...

1 - 2 - 3

You're back in the room ...

Kenny Craig
Stage Hypnotist
Cant win can I, sat here thinking "I'll put football" but thought I'd better put "soccer" to fit in with the Aussies!

ps You've got lovely eyes!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 10:48 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully I will get a chance to head along to a ROAR game or 2. Think it may be a mistake to play at suncorp though can you imagine 5,000 lost in that stadium it looks bloody empty when the broncos can only manage 25,000.

Dont think the league will take off though as the aussies dont embrace the beautiful game so make the most of it while you can.

Will be nice to head along and give dwight york some stick though when sydney arrive......just like being at the city ground.

Old Aug 18th 2005, 9:05 am
Forum Regular

Macquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really nice

Go the JETS!!! (Well someone has to support them I suppose). So long as they don't follow in the footsteps of the Knights - they've not done too well this season have they?. However, me being a Newcastle United fan you kind of get used to disappointment. We might get along to a couple of games - it might be quite novel for hubby and I to support the same team for a change.

Julie
Old Aug 18th 2005, 12:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bridiej
Cant win can I, sat here thinking "I'll put football" but thought I'd better put "soccer" to fit in with the Aussies!

ps You've got lovely eyes!
LOL you just can't win It used to make me cringe calling it soccer but I think I have to otherwise people will think I am talking about AFL.

I really hope the league does take off, but think TrickyTree could be right, no one in hubby's work had any interest when he mentioned it today .
Old Aug 18th 2005, 12:26 pm
rab
Forum Regular

rab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond reputerab has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be *roaring* on Adelaide United against Queensland at the first home game of the A League here on Friday 2nd September.

Does anyone one know what TV coverage is palanned. Is SBS doing it or will it be hidden away on Foxtel?

Personally I will be pleased just to see the end of the AFL season - it is one of the huge disadvantages of moving here - it's a football wilderness. Good luck to the A League though!!!
Old Aug 18th 2005, 12:29 pm
Just Joined

kevingallen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rab
I'll be *roaring* on Adelaide United against Queensland at the first home game of the A League here on Friday 2nd September.

Does anyone one know what TV coverage is palanned. Is SBS doing it or will it be hidden away on Foxtel?

Personally I will be pleased just to see the end of the AFL season - it is one of the huge disadvantages of moving here - it's a football wilderness. Good luck to the A League though!!!
If you are happy to roar on a team of croations and Greeks then Aussie league is for you. Not too diiferent from supporting Chelsea & Arsenal really is it! Lets be honest us "soccer" lovers would roar on a team of one legged smurfs if that was all that was available, still more pationately than Rugby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.