Laying A Hat

Old May 5th 2004, 9:26 pm
Just Joined

Paul & Ali is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Laying A Hat

Maybe my last "Thread" was too boring.

We want a better life - where is the best place to live in NZ?

Are there many insects (nasty ones) there - my wife would like to know - key question.

Are the schools good?

Are there many accountants jobs there?

Can we get a decent place? - seen some houses and look great but not sure of area. I would expect £180-200k (I think approx $600K)?

Any "real" peoples answers would be great.

Thanks
Old May 5th 2004, 9:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Olive101 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Laying A Hat

Originally posted by Paul & Ali

Are the schools good?

Thanks
Saw a 'get a new life' programmes yesterday which raved about NZ education system. Class sizes are half those of the UK. facilities excellent. All looked very promising stuff.

Their comment on house prices was that you could get " a nice 3 bedroomed home for betwen GBP35k and GBP70k." This did sound amazingly cheap to me but I expect that is very mcuh not the case in Wellington or Auckland where prices are inflated vastly.

olive
Old May 5th 2004, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by Olive101
Saw a 'get a new life' programmes yesterday which raved about NZ education system. Class sizes are half those of the UK. facilities excellent. All looked very promising stuff.

Their comment on house prices was that you could get " a nice 3 bedroomed home for betwen GBP35k and GBP70k." This did sound amazingly cheap to me but I expect that is very mcuh not the case in Wellington or Auckland where prices are inflated vastly.

olive
Thank You very much for that we will have a look on some sites and see. Yes you are right that does seem cheap, we will live in hope !!!

And thanks for replying.
Old May 5th 2004, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

The Bread Knife will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Paul & Ali
Maybe my last "Thread" was too boring.

We want a better life - where is the best place to live in NZ?

Are there many insects (nasty ones) there - my wife would like to know - key question.

Are the schools good?

Are there many accountants jobs there?

Can we get a decent place? - seen some houses and look great but not sure of area. I would expect £180-200k (I think approx $600K)?

Any "real" peoples answers would be great.

Thanks

No !your thread is not boring.
I think the site is unusually quiet.You may get more replies when the people wake up in NZ!!!!
Sorry I can't help any more.
If we don't get in oz we will be heading for NZ too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bread Knife
Old May 5th 2004, 10:00 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that The Bread Knife - sometimes it seems that the questions you ask are too "bland" - but when it is a life changing decision they are very important.

I hope it all works out for you and I get some "wake" up answers.

Thanks
Old May 5th 2004, 11:39 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Its not a case of you're thread being boring. Its more a case of people getting bored of answering the same qusetions over and over. Try using the search, then ask more specific things once you have done a bit of research. Good luck