In-laws in OZ

Old Oct 20th 2003, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

RichnKim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default In-laws in OZ

Hi

A bit of a strange one this, But here goes my inlaws are currently in OZ on a long term (6 Months) Vistor Visa.

They would like to buy a property in OZ and spend as much time as possible there.

Does anybody know how long you have to leave Oz for between each Vistor visa. I know you can extend them. But I guess at some point they will have to leave but for how long.

They have enquired with the foriegn investment board who said it would be no problem buying a house.

Any one got any ideas.

Rgds

Rich
Old Oct 20th 2003, 1:05 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In-laws in OZ

Originally posted by RichnKim
Hi

A bit of a strange one this, But here goes my inlaws are currently in OZ on a long term (6 Months) Vistor Visa.

They would like to buy a property in OZ and spend as much time as possible there.

Does anybody know how long you have to leave Oz for between each Vistor visa. I know you can extend them. But I guess at some point they will have to leave but for how long.

They have enquired with the foriegn investment board who said it would be no problem buying a house.

Any one got any ideas.

Rgds

Rich
Not sure if this is right (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) but as far as I know you can re-enter the country pretty much immediately and get another visa. This certainly works with 3-month ETAs - most people nip over to NZ to get the new visa and then come straight back. Not sure if this is the case with 6-month visas...
Old Oct 20th 2003, 1:22 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by RichnKim
Hi

Any one got any ideas.

Rgds

Rich
This is quite probably a load of rubbish but i though it was a maximum of 3 months a year....
Old Oct 20th 2003, 1:24 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

You should find the answer here somwhere

http://www.australia.org.uk/VTI/HTML/eta_non.html
Old Oct 20th 2003, 1:25 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by PeteY
This is quite probably a load of rubbish but i though it was a maximum of 3 months a year....
I've got mates who have been in and out of Oz about 6 times on 3-month visas with only a day or two in between...but even that's dodgy (awkward questions at passport control).