Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lateral Transfer to Aussie Armed Forces

Lateral Transfer to Aussie Armed Forces

Old Jan 10th 2007, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

nev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to allnev_n_angie is a name known to all
Default Lateral Transfer to Aussie Armed Forces

Hi

Is there anyone who is going through - or has completed Lateral Transfer from the UK Armed Forces to ADF?

My Husband has received his offer latter and we are waiting for Immigtration to contact us.

If there are any people who are doing or have done the same, I'd like some pointers on where things go from here.

He has been offered a 6 year contract starting in Canberra - all of the RPL has been passed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Angie
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:13 am
Just Joined

Al&Jo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Lateral Transfer to Aussie Armed Forces

Hi Angie,

My husband is out the British Army in Sept, we have been offered a job in Melbourne. Due to medicals we can't apply for visas untill then, as he has to have the 'all clear' for two years, which is a causing probs as OH has also put in for an extension in the British Army (saves doing a propper job!) but can't accept it until we know when we would be looking at going to Oz (how long does it all take after the visa application?)
So, Not really in a position to help as need help myself, but i am here! Have you been on ********? there are a lot of us on there taking the same route but at various stages. If you havent allready it is well worth a look.

Would love to hear from you again, maybe you could give me some pointers!

Jo
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:32 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, OH & I are going across in April. If you have any particular questions please feel free to PM me.
Also have a look at poms in oz website (take out the spaces from "poms in oz" and add www & .com!) I think that might be what Jo was saying too. Do a search for ADF & there is lots of info on there already and a few other people going through the same thing.
Old Feb 11th 2007, 7:19 pm
Mrs Bushpig!

Bushpig is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by nev_n_angie
Hi

Is there anyone who is going through - or has completed Lateral Transfer from the UK Armed Forces to ADF?

My Husband has received his offer latter and we are waiting for Immigtration to contact us.

If there are any people who are doing or have done the same, I'd like some pointers on where things go from here.

He has been offered a 6 year contract starting in Canberra - all of the RPL has been passed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Angie
Hello, My name's Jo and my old man will be joining the oz army hopefully in May, the british army tried to get him to extend but he'd far rather go to oz sooner. We're going to Darwin, We know a couple of people that are there or have been, it sounds ok. Where you going?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 4:24 am
Forum Regular

pmntchambers is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Lateral Transfer to Aussie Armed Forces

Hello

If you require any information on Darwin, do not hesitate to contact me. My husband transferred from the British Army to the ADF in November 2004 on a three year posting to Darwin.

Regards Michelle