Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The New Free "Newspaper" in Brisbane

The New Free "Newspaper" in Brisbane

Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:16 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold
Default The New Free "Newspaper" in Brisbane

It's called Mx or something and is more Murdoch propaganda, anyway, the point is ... how many people can it possible take to hand out the things?

In my walk from one end of the CBD to South Bank I must bat-off at least 12 people trying to thrust one into my arms.

There must be at least 8 people in Central Station alone.

What with them, the Red Cross and the lack of space on the pavements due to a crappy bus service it's like hacking your way through the undergrowth just to get back to yer car ...

<rant off>

Last edited by Buzzy--Bee; Mar 28th 2007 at 7:38 am. Reason: racist
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:22 am
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The New Free "Newspaper" in Brisbane

What gets me is the waste of paper, the MX plus all the local papers pushed through my door, how many trees!

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
It's called Mx or something and is more Murdoch propaganda, anyway, the point is ... how many people can it possible take to hand out the things?

In my walk from one end of the CBD to South Bank I must bat-off at least 12 people trying to thrust one into my arms.

There must be at least 8 people in Central Station alone.

What with them, the Red Cross and the lack of space on the pavements due to a crappy bus service it's like hacking your way through the undergrowth just to get back to yer car ...

<rant off>

Last edited by Buzzy--Bee; Mar 28th 2007 at 7:38 am.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by themerlin
What gets me is the waste of paper, the MX plus all the local papers pushed through my door, how many trees!
Its incredible isnt it we get 2/3 deliveries a week of shop catalogues, 3 free newspapers, one free magazine, all of which appear despite a no junk mail sign cause they drive past and lob them out the window regardless, almost nobody picks any of it up and its lovely when it rains all these blobs of soggy junk mail up every street, litter heaven when its windy too.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 2:55 am
Senior Stella Member

Plug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nicePlug is just really nice

I can empathise with you, I have to get from Ann to Edward St for my bus and same as you, loads of asian tourists (asking for directions and not understanding what you tell them, and walk off in the other direction), the dry cleaning flyers, discounts for coffee shops, now the MX mob, still, my wife likes to read it........
Old Mar 28th 2007, 4:54 am
Mozzie magnet

chels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond reputechels has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, MX - the newspaper with news stories so good, it has to print them twice... The amount of times I turn the page and read the same story that appeared on the previous page. They should cut back on distributors and hire a good sub-editor.