Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Last full day in UK, very emotional

Last full day in UK, very emotional

Old Jun 26th 2006, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

coventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud ofcoventrycelt has much to be proud of
Default Last full day in UK, very emotional

Today was our last full day, I have said too many goodbyes, I was not expecting to feel so sad about leaving all our friends.
I felt really guilty at my mother-laws tonight, as if I was to blame for taking her daughter away from her. My son who is coming with us, broke down in the car, leaving his Grans, he's found it really hard, saying goodbye to all his friends over the last few days. I think it must be better leaving in our winter, rather than in the couple of months per year that everything feels rosy!
My son Liam has spent the last three months with a new girl, who's quite a few years older than him (they worked together) now he tells me he's in love!!!!!! and wants to spent the rest of his life with her,sods law eh?
I'm gonna burn his passport when we get to Brisbane, if anyone knows any nice girls aged about twenty one, looking for a handsome, sporty boyfriend, who live in Brisbane, please help me!!
I reckon I have got to try and get him busy and enjoying life asap, because if he's miserable, it will make the experience hard work.
My old mum, used to always tell me that being a parent never got any easier, the older the family got, I think I know what she means now.
Anyway, we've got a few days to chill in Singapore before we get to Brisbane, I cant wait to get there, I will post regularly on our experiences.

Adios everyone!
Old Jun 26th 2006, 9:49 pm
Bloomin' well done it!!!!

ladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond reputeladywithatorch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Last full day in UK, very emotional

Originally Posted by coventrycelt
Today was our last full day, I have said too many goodbyes, I was not expecting to feel so sad about leaving all our friends.
I felt really guilty at my mother-laws tonight, as if I was to blame for taking her daughter away from her. My son who is coming with us, broke down in the car, leaving his Grans, he's found it really hard, saying goodbye to all his friends over the last few days. I think it must be better leaving in our winter, rather than in the couple of months per year that everything feels rosy!
My son Liam has spent the last three months with a new girl, who's quite a few years older than him (they worked together) now he tells me he's in love!!!!!! and wants to spent the rest of his life with her,sods law eh?
I'm gonna burn his passport when we get to Brisbane, if anyone knows any nice girls aged about twenty one, looking for a handsome, sporty boyfriend, who live in Brisbane, please help me!!
I reckon I have got to try and get him busy and enjoying life asap, because if he's miserable, it will make the experience hard work.
My old mum, used to always tell me that being a parent never got any easier, the older the family got, I think I know what she means now.
Anyway, we've got a few days to chill in Singapore before we get to Brisbane, I cant wait to get there, I will post regularly on our experiences.

Adios everyone!
I'm nearly at the goodbye stage and I'm dreading it too. I don't think its ever easy. Just looking through the yellow pages for a place to book for our leaving do - - -did you have one?

Just remind yourselves why you are doing this. Keep positive, enjoy the reprieve in Singapore and look forward to your new life.

Good luck and keep us posted on how you get on.

xRachx
Old Jun 26th 2006, 9:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

All the best with your new adventure.Who said kids were easy.thats why I'm glad that we are taking our kids before they fall in love.Mind you the oldest is 9 ,so it could be any day now. I'm sure your son will be fine once he sets his eyes on some Brissy Beauties.I'm sure that you will be sympathetic,we were all there once.Good luck.X Irishbloo
Old Jun 26th 2006, 9:53 pm
On the Dark Side :-)

Mrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond reputeMrs Jackaroo has a reputation beyond repute

Adios everyone!
The last day in the UK for us was a shocker too. In the end I had to text one of my friends and apologise that I couldnt come and say goodbye face to face - I'd had all I could take . As soon as you get here though you tend to forget about it all because you keep in touch via email, msn and phone etc - the internet really closes the gap.

Good luck on your journey and enjoy it!

Rach xxxx
Old Jun 27th 2006, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Adios everyone!

Know what you mean about the kids. My eldest daughter (almost 21 by the way lol) works at Eurodisney and I live in dread that she will fall in love with a Frenchman and never join us here.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 9:03 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

There are hundreds if not thousands of gorgeous young sporty chicks on the GC .... I am sure he will find someone very quickly.
It's tough leaving, and those feelings do hang around for a while, but it will be ok.

Let us know how you get on.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Good luck with everything.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 9:32 am
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all

Hi, I don't know if this will help but most people feel the same as you on your last day. I'm glad your son is going with you and when he sees the place he will change his mind. My son was in love in the UK and decided not to come with us. At the very last moment they broke up and he has been here for a holiday and wanted to stay but obviously can't until we sort out a visa for him. Wishing you all the best of luck.
Lesleym
Old Jun 27th 2006, 10:25 am
Lucyb reincarnated

Lucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to beholdLucy is a splendid one to behold

That was us 9 weeks ago. The last week in he UK was the worst week of my life. Saying goodbye to my parents was horrendous, and my 7 year old sobbed as we drove away. We said goodbye to the inside their house and then we left their house. I couldnt bear to have them standing on the driveway waving us off.Hubby and I are very happy here though daughter having a very hard time at school and we are about to move her to a private, smaller school.
You will be fine, but allow yourselves to say goodbye to everyone properly...no matter how painful it is. Its all part of the process/