Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Cleveland/Raby Bay

Cleveland/Raby Bay

Old Jun 27th 2006, 1:22 am
Banned

cdandi will become famous soon enoughcdandi will become famous soon enough
Default Cleveland/Raby Bay

I've just been checking Cleveland/Raby Bay/Wellington Point/Ormiston on real estate sites. I'm assuming these areas are within the Bayside area??? Or should I be looking at other areas?
Can anyone advise what they are like. Also, traveliing distance and time from Brisbane CBD.
Thanks.
Old Jun 27th 2006, 7:35 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cleveland/Raby Bay

hi there
you d be right in saying all these areas are in the bayside area

Cleveland,my home town,has a lovely marina,a nice little shopping village with plenty of cafe bars and quite alot of more commercial stores on the outskirts,plenty of schools both private and state,is right on the bay with cleveland point having plenty of water sports going on Has a railway station and a good bus route,and in my opinion is a lovely place to live,it takes us about 25 mins to get to the city by car,maybe a little longer smack in the middle of ruch hour but not much more.You can get a nice 4 bed place with a pool for abput $400-450000

Rabybay is very exclusive,right on the water,most of the houses have water behind them with boats at the end of the garden,has a small beach area,right in the heart of cleveland itself,a very beautifulk area although alot more expensive to live.Same distance from the city.

ormistion is a lovely leafy suburb,with some more mature housing,a railway station,not really a town but has some shopping areas and schools.Only on the outskirts of cleveland so roughly the same distance from the city.

Wellington point,this was our second choice to live,it has a lovely little beach right down at the point where the children can play with play areas and barbecues,a small town,but not that many shops mostly cafe bars and a pub,plenty of watersports happen down at the point and when the tide is out you can walk out the a little island just off the main land.Possible a little closer to the city but there s really not alot in it,has a rsilway stion also and a good bus route.

hope this is of some help

tracey

QUOTE=cdandi]I've just been checking Cleveland/Raby Bay/Wellington Point/Ormiston on real estate sites. I'm assuming these areas are within the Bayside area??? Or should I be looking at other areas?
Can anyone advise what they are like. Also, traveliing distance and time from Brisbane CBD.
Thanks.[/QUOTE]
Old Jun 27th 2006, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

We are also looking in these areas, happy about the little beaches, perfect for paddling and sandcastles
Old Jun 27th 2006, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

there no large beaches in bayside,but there is enough sand at wellington point for the kids to play and make a few sand castles,i think thompson beach at victoria point also has a little sand

Originally Posted by milliesmum
We are also looking in these areas, happy about the little beaches, perfect for paddling and sandcastles
Old Jun 27th 2006, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by scissors
there no large beaches in bayside,but there is enough sand at wellington point for the kids to play and make a few sand castles,i think thompson beach at victoria point also has a little sand
Hi Scissors, long time no chat

Was wonderiong about the beaches, not worried about a big beach as my kids are 7, 4 and 1 so just a little patch of sand and some sea will do them fine!

We have just come back from Lulworth Cove and dd2 absolutley loved making sand pies and paddling she will be happy with a small bit of beach, the other 2 will be a full time school so need somewhere where I can go for an hour or so with her to play
Old Jun 27th 2006, 11:42 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Wellington Point. Its awesome. I have to commute into the CBD some days and its no worries. Life by the sea is grand. Anything you want to know PM me.