Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Last day at work !!!!!!!!!!!

Last day at work !!!!!!!!!!!

Old Jun 14th 2007, 5:52 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Last day at work !!!!!!!!!!!

What an odd feeling. Its my last day at work tomorrow. Work at a hospital as a maintenance electrician and have done for 15 years. Saying goodbye to so many faces(gulp). Feels very strange. After 6pm i'll be on my own untill 9 and i know its gona be weird closing the workshop gate for the last time
But hey we'r off to oz the week after

Stu
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:31 pm
you lucky, lucky b'stard!

tomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud oftomy2tums has much to be proud of
Default Re: Last day at work !!!!!!!!!!!

i will have that feeling 9 weeks on Thursday, and to be honest, I'm looking forward to it..
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

andydon has a spectacular aura aboutandydon has a spectacular aura aboutandydon has a spectacular aura about

Stu,

I know how you feel, i left my work last week and it surprised me how emotional i got with the people i liked etc. then again it was a joy thinking i wouldn't have to put up with some of the others

good luck and just think of your new life in Oz

all the best

AndyD
Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:30 pm
so far so good

want2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to beholdwant2bthere is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by stu:0
What an odd feeling. Its my last day at work tomorrow. Work at a hospital as a maintenance electrician and have done for 15 years. Saying goodbye to so many faces(gulp). Feels very strange. After 6pm i'll be on my own untill 9 and i know its gona be weird closing the workshop gate for the last time
But hey we'r off to oz the week after

Stu
chin up stu, it'll be just fine
Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:35 pm
Sparky Stu

stu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of lightstu:0 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys, been here since leaving school and with it been such a big place but knowing everyone it does feel odd. Think its reality kicking in that we are off! I guess some people that leave for oz hate there jobs and people they work with but its neither for me which makes it worse i suppose.
Anyway bring on the sunshine

Stu
Old Jun 14th 2007, 7:42 pm
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys, been here since leaving school and with it been such a big place but knowing everyone it does feel odd. Think its reality kicking in that we are off! I guess some people that leave for oz hate there jobs and people they work with but its neither for me which makes it worse i suppose.
Anyway bring on the sunshine

Stu
its very cloudy at the moment mate but your friends and family may well see you working up here in cairns. the boss has signed up for a reality tv show being produced by the bbc. we had the film crew around work the other day. theres a pommy fella coming out in 4 weeks to do a weeks work and i think im stuck with him ( because im a pom). apparantly ive got to show him the ropes with the tv crew following us around for a couple of days.more details to follow but could be interesting. i might have to buy a new pair of pluggers.
Old Jun 14th 2007, 9:10 pm
off2oz

nursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to allnursekaty is a name known to all

Originally Posted by youngy73
its very cloudy at the moment mate but your friends and family may well see you working up here in cairns. the boss has signed up for a reality tv show being produced by the bbc. we had the film crew around work the other day. theres a pommy fella coming out in 4 weeks to do a weeks work and i think im stuck with him ( because im a pom). apparantly ive got to show him the ropes with the tv crew following us around for a couple of days.more details to follow but could be interesting. i might have to buy a new pair of pluggers.

It just gets better, sounds like fun mate! Im happy being an extra in the background!

Last edited by nursekaty; Jun 14th 2007 at 9:11 pm. Reason: OOps im on Katy's login!!!!!!
Old Jun 14th 2007, 9:13 pm
Sparky Stu

Originally Posted by nursekaty
It just gets better, sounds like fun mate! Im happy being an extra in the background!
That post should have been me! Wouldnt look good with a nurse in the background on a building site!

Stu
Old Jun 15th 2007, 9:21 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

That post should have been me! Wouldnt look good with a nurse in the background on a building site!

Stu
You haven't seen the building sites

Enjoy your last peaceful work moments
Old Jun 15th 2007, 9:25 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

This I gotta see

Hey Youngy.
Can you recommend any leccies for some domestic work ?
Want some extra sockets put in, an extra phone point and a couple of dodgy light fitments sorted.
Builder has said the guy they use will probably not contact us as too busy on site stuff..
Old Jun 15th 2007, 9:59 am
youngy73

youngy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond reputeyoungy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bix
This I gotta see

Hey Youngy.
Can you recommend any leccies for some domestic work ?
Want some extra sockets put in, an extra phone point and a couple of dodgy light fitments sorted.
Builder has said the guy they use will probably not contact us as too busy on site stuff..
pm me and ill sort it out for you. who was your builder?
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:30 am
Bix
da Bonehead

pm me and ill sort it out for you. who was your builder?
PM sent