Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Flights Booked and off soon!!!!!!!!

Flights Booked and off soon!!!!!!!!

Old Jun 14th 2007, 2:12 pm
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flights Booked and off soon!!!!!!!!

Well,we had shippers in today to clear the house ( Excess baggage/International ) they were absolutely "brilliant", 2 guys and 500cubic feet loaded in less than 4 hours. we also, finally sealed the house sale today and i have booked a ONE WAY ticket to Sydney for the 25th June i am going over on my own for a few weeks to sort a few thing out ( see if the beer is cold) then the OH and my 2 kids who i will really miss will follow on 20th july. I knew it would eventually come to this point but i tell you what, i really wasnt prepared for how i would feel after the flights were booked ( S****** myself) literally
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:22 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flights Booked and off soon!!!!!!!!

Ohhhhh that's brilliant! Congratulations on getting the house sold. Sorry that you've got to go out on your own.

Take care.

Gina
Old Jun 14th 2007, 3:35 pm
Just Joined

sasswa is just really nicesasswa is just really nicesasswa is just really nicesasswa is just really nicesasswa is just really nicesasswa is just really nicesasswa is just really nicesasswa is just really nice

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Ohhhhh that's brilliant! Congratulations on getting the house sold. Sorry that you've got to go out on your own.

Take care.

Gina
Sunny,

I know how you feel!!!!!! We booked ours last weekend for Brisbane in August and I'm Australian and we're still sh**ing ourselves!!! Just getting out of the comfort zone hey and starting all over again.

We'll be right!

Sass
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

John50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the roughJohn50 is a jewel in the rough

Well done

Same here Shippers are comming in on monday 18th and flights booked for wednesday.

Crapping ourselves :curse:
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:14 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
Well,we had shippers in today to clear the house ( Excess baggage/International ) they were absolutely "brilliant", 2 guys and 500cubic feet loaded in less than 4 hours. we also, finally sealed the house sale today and i have booked a ONE WAY ticket to Sydney for the 25th June i am going over on my own for a few weeks to sort a few thing out ( see if the beer is cold) then the OH and my 2 kids who i will really miss will follow on 20th july. I knew it would eventually come to this point but i tell you what, i really wasnt prepared for how i would feel after the flights were booked ( S****** myself) literally
I'm jealous as h**l. You get to do THAT flight alone....your poor missus.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Gill
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:17 pm

carmele is an unknown quantity at this point

Ditto,

Reserved our flights and going to book them tomorrow for 19th july, deep breaths!!!! Could have paid for it today, bu tying up loose ends! hahaha

Nice to know others we're not the only ones poohing their pants a bit! but hey we're really excited too!

carmel
x
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

andydon has a spectacular aura aboutandydon has a spectacular aura aboutandydon has a spectacular aura about

Congratulation Sunny, we are heading Oct and i feel like pooing myself sometime so god knows how you feel just now with it being so close.

Who did you use to ship your gear over with?

All the best in Sydney

AndyD
Old Jun 14th 2007, 6:32 pm
Wishing for summer!

Oaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant futureOaks has a brilliant future

Congratulations

Its strange how you know its going to happen for so long and then it just sneaks up on you at the last minute

Good Luck
Old Jun 15th 2007, 10:24 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute

The funny thing about it is that we spoke months ago about me going over a few weeks before the OH and the kids, but decided not to do it after we spoke with the kids. So when the OH mentioned it to me the day before we were planning on booking the flights for everyone for the end July she just came out and asked me would it not be better if i went over a few weeks early to sort things out it even came to me as a shock but i did think that it would be the best thing to do "at that time" and before i knew it i had my OWN ticket booked and paid! Anyway as you can imagine the kids did not take to kindly to it and gave me the once over, " you said you wouldnt go without us" why are you leaving us you said you wouldnt go without us" . I had to blow my nose and dry my eyes after that one

Anyway thanx for all the thoughts guys, this forum has been priceless to me and the family in every way, i reckon i will always be on and off here for a long time to come and hopefully i can get to meet up with some of you out there

John/Leeanne Shannon/ryan

Originally Posted by GinaUK

Take care.

Gina
Old Jun 15th 2007, 11:11 am
UK is Home

There seems to be a lot of Pooing going on in this thread C`mon guys we all need to get a grip of ourselves

Andy, We used excess baggage/International and they were brilliant, as i mentioned they were in and out within 4 hours for 500 cubic feet as we thought, they were also the cheapest. our quote was £2195 but the guys done a final quote for us before they left and said we only had 415 cubic feet and the original quote will be aamendedbefore the final invoice is sent out so we have saved even more there. I must add that the communications between us was also excellent by phone and e-mail, when they told me they will call or e-mail at any certain time "they did" so i would very highly recommend them to anyone, this side anyway
Old Jun 15th 2007, 11:15 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sunny_Glesga
Brilliant...........I am so pleased for you but feeling your nerves too