Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

last day at work...

last day at work...

Old Nov 29th 2004, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about
Unhappy last day at work...

...not even 10 o clock yet and i feel sick allready - im really bad at saying goodbye so i guess my 2 boxes of kleenex wont go astray today....just feel like crying...keep telling myself that its really cool that im stepping out of my comfortzone for something really exciting, but i feel like curling up and sleeping....

good thing is it will all be over tomorrow....but to be honest that doesnt really help now....

just wanted to whinge a bit - thanks for listening

tanja
Old Nov 29th 2004, 8:10 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: last day at work...

Originally Posted by sunny side up
keep telling myself that its really cool that im stepping out of my comfortzone for something really exciting, tanja
Yep, keep telling yourself that! It's one big exciting adventure! You'll learn lots, meet new people (me )

It may be hard, but you'll survive

Whinge away!
Old Nov 29th 2004, 8:26 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

...not even 10 o clock yet and i feel sick allready - im really bad at saying goodbye so i guess my 2 boxes of kleenex wont go astray today....just feel like crying...keep telling myself that its really cool that im stepping out of my comfortzone for something really exciting, but i feel like curling up and sleeping....

good thing is it will all be over tomorrow....but to be honest that doesnt really help now....

tanja
Well Done...

When do you actually fly out?

keep looking at that, and the day will fly by.. Monday is a bit of a strange day to have as your last day though isn't it?
Old Nov 29th 2004, 8:46 am
f1junkie

Sander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura aboutSander has a spectacular aura about

tanja
Hi Tanja!

I can imagine it must be hard... It scares me to when I think about it and I don't even have the visa yet!

Hopefully today won't be too bad. Good luck with the move!
Old Nov 29th 2004, 8:48 am
Dancing Queen

Lucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the roughLucyemma5 is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: last day at work...

:scared:

tanja
Hi Tanja

Do you enjoy your job? like you I am terrified of walking into the unknown, but I am excited at the same time, I will miss the people I have met, but I couldn't give a toss about the job. :scared:

All the best

Lucy
Old Nov 29th 2004, 8:49 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

tanja

I know exactly how it feels... Reminds me of Christmas a bit - all over in a day! Its hard leaving friends, but the good ones will stay in touch & from the surprise they gave you the other week, it sounds like you've got a lot of good friends

Keep smiling, keep whinging, do whatever helps you get through it
Old Nov 29th 2004, 10:42 am
Cotswolds to Perth

Fremantleraider will become famous soon enough

You will be fine, i fly to Perth on Wednesday and i am scared and excited at the same time!

FremantleRaider
Old Nov 29th 2004, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

sam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to behold

tanja
Consider yourself lucky. I have 10 weeks still to work :scared: and my boss has said he is going to make my life hell – and he is. I’m just thinking of the hot sunny weather!
Old Nov 29th 2004, 11:27 am
Cup of tea, Father?

Geordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond reputeGeordie George has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tanja,

I can't even begin to think what you must be going through today. The very idea of having to say the final goodbyes has kept me in tears for most of the weekend (work, family, friends ... even places, as silly as that sounds), although I don't have to worry about that until the new year.

I hope you find it comforting to think that there are people who've been through it and they understand what you're feeling, so you're not on your own.

Good luck with it all!

GG
Old Nov 30th 2004, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

sunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura aboutsunny side up has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by sloake
Well Done...

When do you actually fly out?

keep looking at that, and the day will fly by.. Monday is a bit of a strange day to have as your last day though isn't it?

well, i had lots and lots of holidays still so i'm still employed till jan 1st, which is great cos that means ill get paid even when im in oz...
i found that monday was quite a good day to say goodbye actually - if id done it on friday it would have 'upset' me all week - but now i managed to tell myself that it wasnt until next week that i had to say goodbye and when that 'next week' came it was only 8 hours....

lucyemma - i really, really love my job - havent got any qualifications as such but have managed to work my way up in the past six years (i quit once before - in 2002 to go cycling in WA - and they took me back after that no probs - got told yesterday that if i ever do come back there'll always be a job for me...how good's that??) btw - i'm a rates officer at a council and do some (computerised) property valuation too (if that makes sense - still not sure what the exact title is....)

well, anyway - thats done....it was hard but i got through it ok, now there's only the family and friends to say goodbye to before i fly out next wednesday...

thanks guys!

tanja