Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Last day at work

Last day at work

Old Nov 7th 2003, 9:29 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Last day at work

Thought I would share my delight at been sat at work in the UK for the last time. I am spending the day watchin the exchange rate as we are going for it today cutting our losses.

We are leaving on the 12th to travel Asia for 3 months and have decided we do not want to spend the entire time checking the rate.

Roll on 4pm as we are going to the pub!!!!!

It is our leaving do tomorrow night and there are 150+ coming think I may get a little tearful

Jo
Old Nov 7th 2003, 9:34 am
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

good luck and enjoy your last day at work!!!!
Old Nov 7th 2003, 9:38 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by steandleigh
good luck and enjoy your last day at work!!!!

Thanks I'm not doing much taking a long lunch with the girls and off out for a meal

Jo
Old Nov 7th 2003, 9:48 am
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Best of luck on your travels and enjoy your leaving do`s, don`t forget your tissues!!

footie chick
Old Nov 7th 2003, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Jo Cousins will become famous soon enough

Hi Jo

I think u r really brave having a leaving do with so many people...i would be in bits!! I can only just about face a 25 people get together with work - i finish on 28th November and we fly to perth on december 9th....Good luck and try to enjoy tomorrow nite - perhaps a few bottles of wine beforehand mite help a bit!!

Jo
Old Nov 7th 2003, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

louH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud oflouH has much to be proud of

Hi Jo

My last day at work too! Leave on Monday and don't know about you but I'm not ready!

Hope the drinks go well and the travles even better

Lou

PS stop checking this website and start pretending to do some work! never too late to make a good impression and you still have to get those employer refs!!

Best go, got some personal emails to send.........
Old Nov 7th 2003, 1:15 pm
Pass The Post

I've already got the references and everyone in Networkrail is p***** off as redundancies are announced next week so no one is really on form at the moment I have also worked 3 months notice which I can tell you feels like a lifetime. Everyone wishes they were doing what I am at the moment something along the lines of jumping a sinking ship

Better get on clearing my desk

Jo
Old Nov 7th 2003, 1:33 pm
Pass The Post

Originally posted by Jo Cousins
Hi Jo

I think u r really brave having a leaving do with so many people...i would be in bits!! I can only just about face a 25 people get together with work - i finish on 28th November and we fly to perth on december 9th....Good luck and try to enjoy tomorrow nite - perhaps a few bottles of wine beforehand mite help a bit!!

Jo

Jo

I have to say bye to everyone even if I have tears it will be worth it. But I will be having plenty to drink may keep off the gin as that does make me cry

Jo
Old Nov 7th 2003, 1:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Hope it all works out for you in OZ. Keep posting once you get there to let us know what you think of it!!
Old Nov 7th 2003, 10:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Feels really weird reading other people's last day at work posts when I did mine not so long ago! By the time you read this I guess the "last days" will be out of the way - hope they went OK and with not too many tears!
Mine was very funny in the end - someone dared me to sit at the desk all day with a full wine glass, which was no problem - until a regular contributor to this site walked in (as a member of the public coming to an appointment which i didnt know about) , recognised me from the Brighton meet and threw the office into confusion by not only spotting the wine glass and commenting on it , but by calling me Pollyana! Cue the rest of the office looking very puzzled!!!!
Old Nov 8th 2003, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

He told us about that at the Brighton meet up- what a coincidence!! It is a small world isn't it?
Old Dec 7th 2003, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Mick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Last day at work

Originally posted by joh117
Thought I would share my delight at been sat at work in the UK for the last time. I am spending the day watchin the exchange rate as we are going for it today cutting our losses.

We are leaving on the 12th to travel Asia for 3 months and have decided we do not want to spend the entire time checking the rate.

Roll on 4pm as we are going to the pub!!!!!

It is our leaving do tomorrow night and there are 150+ coming think I may get a little tearful

Jo
can only dream about that at the moment.
Old Dec 7th 2003, 7:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

It will be mine on Friday. I have already had my leaving pressie so that I can pack it in the container on Wednesday
I am getting a bit tearful now, not about leaving work, but about leaving friends there. But I just keep thinking it will be worth it in the end.