Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Land sales help!!!

Land sales help!!!

Old Oct 19th 2004, 10:02 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Land sales help!!!

We're just teetering on the edge of putting in another offer on the steep block I posted about a few days ago. Only thing stopping me at the moment is the telephone conversation with the real estate guy that I had yesterday.
As you van imagine we've been crawling literally all over the block looking for the boundary pegs and there are none visible. There are a few red tipped sticks dotted along the front of the block but no white painted 3x3 posts as I would expect. Looking at the RP number we have, the block has been sub divided and half has been sold already. The estate agent is telling me it's my problem to get it re-surveyed and I would have to pay for the task also I'd have to buy the new block plan from the local council.
Is he trying it on?
How can they sell something if they don't know it's size?
I thought it was an offence to remove the boundary pegs?

Sorry for the rambling not ast my best this morning