Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Lancashire Meet Up?

Lancashire Meet Up?

Old Jan 9th 2011, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

ianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the rough
Default Lancashire Meet Up?

Hello,

I have just read the last thread re Lancashire meet ups and it appears lots of people would come along but no one fancies organising it.
I have not posted here in years and years (and thought I had closed this account, obviously not which is a nice surprise) but we have just taken up our plans of emigrating again, so we'd really fancy meeting up with others.
Looks like I will have to arrange the meet up then! Any takers? We can only do Sundays, and since I have never been to a meet up before I would really appreciate some advice from the more experienced BE'ers

So, we meet at the Harvesters in Horwich? Does that mean all I need to do is get numbers and reserve tables?

At the moment we are free any Sunday apart from last Sunday in Feb. I suggest 20th February, afternoon, hoping that will give people enough notice.

Anyone interested?

Mel
Old Jan 31st 2011, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

dave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud of
Default Re: Lancashire Meet Up?

Hi, I think we are in the same boat as you not been on here for ages either used to go to the meet ups about 3+ years ago..Would be interested in comimg along. Had our Visa a while need to go to OZ soon or lose it...So it decision time for us
Old Feb 1st 2011, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

Voyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to all

I'd be interested in meeting up with anyone going through visa process, already been to Oz, moved back to UK etc etc.
From Bury and hoping to be in Oz by September. Waiting on visa (defacto-spouse) decision. Unfortunately my february sundays are pretty manic but perhaps early March?
Old Feb 1st 2011, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

dave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud ofdave.and.lisa has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Voyager 3
I'd be interested in meeting up with anyone going through visa process, already been to Oz, moved back to UK etc etc.
From Bury and hoping to be in Oz by September. Waiting on visa (defacto-spouse) decision. Unfortunately my february sundays are pretty manic but perhaps early March?
Hi where are you thinking of living once you get there??? we are in Accrington so not far fron you.
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Voyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to allVoyager 3 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by dave.and.lisa
Hi where are you thinking of living once you get there??? we are in Accrington so not far fron you.
My partner is from Hornsby on the upper North shore, Sydney. We've been looking at rental places around Crows Nest/St Leonards-both hoping to get work in or close to CBD.
So you already have a visa. Where are you thinking of moving to?

Last edited by Voyager 3; Feb 2nd 2011 at 7:09 pm. Reason: re read previous text
Old Feb 2nd 2011, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

Torn Between Melborne as there seems more jobs for us both..and the Gold Coast have lots of friends there already and would make it the easier move but not as many jobs... So it's a tough one.
Old Feb 7th 2011, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

ianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the roughianandmel is a jewel in the rough

Hello,
so sorry, I haven't checked in here for a while. We can't do the 20th anymore, but are generally still up for it. Any other date suggestions? Would love to meet up! Mel
Old Apr 11th 2011, 2:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute

Is there still a plan for a lancashire meet up? My husband and just waiting on our 457 visa (going through the nomination process now) and are expecting to be heading to Sydney around July-September 2011 time. We are currently in Preston, so a meet up around Bolton would be handy for us.
Old Apr 15th 2011, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

chrisall is an unknown quantity at this point

We are from St.Helens, not strictly Lancashire any more, but would love to meet up with you guys to swap stories.

We're over for our validation visit v.soon so we've jumped a good few hurdles already. Still got loads of unanswered questions and things to think about before we make the big leap though.

Cheers,
Chrisall