Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ladies - Shopping advice

Ladies - Shopping advice

Old Aug 22nd 2007, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Brummie lass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ladies - Shopping advice

So we haven't been here long but shopping here just doesn't feel the same as it does at home. Everything seems really expensive or limited in choice...so my question is, who will deliver to Oz??, I've checked a couple of websites, Topshop will, but next wont.....how do the other Uk retailers fair.

Advice on Aussie brands would be much appreciated also or perhaps pointers on shopping areas....I'm in Sydney....maybe all the good shops are out there somewhere & i have yet to find them....although several hours trailing round the CBD & many blisters later didn't reveal any
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

SafetyJohn has a spectacular aura aboutSafetyJohn has a spectacular aura aboutSafetyJohn has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Ladies - Shopping advice

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but we're moving to Sydney in October and I'm really worried about where I'm going to go shopping (sad I know). Being used to Bluewater in Kent only 20 minutes down the road I think I'm in for a shock!

Hopefully someone out there will know!

Sarah
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:09 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brummie lass
So we haven't been here long but shopping here just doesn't feel the same as it does at home. Everything seems really expensive or limited in choice...so my question is, who will deliver to Oz??, I've checked a couple of websites, Topshop will, but next wont.....how do the other Uk retailers fair.

Advice on Aussie brands would be much appreciated also or perhaps pointers on shopping areas....I'm in Sydney....maybe all the good shops are out there somewhere & i have yet to find them....although several hours trailing round the CBD & many blisters later didn't reveal any
Westfield Bondi Junction has the best of what's on offer. Chatswood comes a close second. Be aware that not all shopping malls are the same - the local demographic has a big bearing on what the shops are in the malls and what they stock - for example DJ's in Parramatta and Miranda are very different to DJ's at Bondi or Chatswood.

I'd venture to say that if you can't find what you want at Bondi - you can't get it anywhere in the country.
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 7:48 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

if you are after a bargin, there are the outlet places at Homebush & Birkenhead Point.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:22 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by NickyC
Westfield Bondi Junction has the best of what's on offer. Chatswood comes a close second. Be aware that not all shopping malls are the same - the local demographic has a big bearing on what the shops are in the malls and what they stock - for example DJ's in Parramatta and Miranda are very different to DJ's at Bondi or Chatswood.

I'd venture to say that if you can't find what you want at Bondi - you can't get it anywhere in the country.
Thanks for the tip. Went to Bondi on saturday breathed a big sigh of relief! Shops...lots of them (supermarkets dont count) and some decent stuff....not loads, but enough to get me started. have been advised to try the little boutiques on Oxford st but didn't have time on saturday.

There was 1 good jeans shop, they only had 1 style of ladies Diesel jeans!! weird, but they had other options...G star (I think) and silver, anyway, managed to get some that don't make me look like a teenage boy.

Advice i wish I had read would have been, stock up on M&S, topshop, Next aswell as any label stuff you like, you just can't get the same brands here (this is part of the joy of moving i know but when you are in a rush & don't know your sportsgirl from your Review...it's really frustrating as shoppng takes an ages...not fun with a 2 year old who demands chocolate cake, who, if you give him said chocolate cake then gets a sugar rush, breaks free from his pram & runs for the hills ...or the direction of the nearest toy department.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by walaj
if you are after a bargin, there are the outlet places at Homebush & Birkenhead Point.
Dont know where these are yet but will check them out!!!
Old Aug 27th 2007, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

isle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura aboutisle has a spectacular aura about

Hi Brummie lass,
I was originally from brum and moved to the isle of wight and am in the prosses of applying for visa. Know how you feel after shops in brum, lived in solihull and 10 min from brum and 5 min redditch spoilt for choice. not much choice in shops here. (miss merryhill).
Where abouts did you move from.

How is life other then lack of shops.
Isle
Old Aug 27th 2007, 8:07 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.birkenheadpoint.com.au/
http://www.dfo.com.au/index.php?opti...utlet=Homebush