Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

For all those already living in Brisbane.....

For all those already living in Brisbane.....

Old Aug 26th 2007, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice
Default For all those already living in Brisbane.....

I know its been done to death and I've searched every last thread on Expats going back YEARS, but my appetite for new information about Brissie and its suburbs and having an idea where I want to live is just INSATIABLE!

So if you are already there - can you please answer these questions for me.....hopefully they are succint!

1. What is the name of the suburb where you live.
2. Whats great about it.
3. Whats not great about it.

There you see, short and to the point (and very open ended for 2 &3!!).

Thanks in advance for anyone who answers!
Old Aug 26th 2007, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

superchick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: For all those already living in Brisbane.....

we live in Albany Creek which is actually Pine rivers council but adjacent to Mcdowall and Bridgeman downs on the northside.
It has good primary schools and a nice small shopping centre and local supermarkets. Access to the city by bus or car takes about 30 mins.
There is a nice collection of old and new housing and lots of local parks//walkways.
hope this helps
Old Aug 26th 2007, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

RachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really niceRachelH is just really nice

thanks superchick - they are some of the areas I have been considering so thats reallyuseful!

BTW, you're up early arent you? or up late, depending on if you have been to bed yet!
Old Aug 26th 2007, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

bumping for the aussie crew.........
Old Aug 26th 2007, 8:28 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RachelH
bumping for the aussie crew.........
how close to brissie do you want / need to be ??
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

We are in Wellington Point.

Love it for lots of reasons. Nice lifestyle, near the water, easy access to the city, friendly people..........I could go on and on.

Nothing I don't like about it at all. Very settled and very happy.
Old Aug 26th 2007, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ian & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond reputeIan & Sharon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mand8002
We are in Wellington Point.

Love it for lots of reasons. Nice lifestyle, near the water, easy access to the city, friendly people..........I could go on and on.

Nothing I don't like about it at all. Very settled and very happy.

As above but for Victoria point
Old Aug 26th 2007, 11:14 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

1. We're in Wellington Point, but we're moving to Capalaba.

2. We can live in a smaller city that still has all the shopping we need (I don't like the more congested areas that are closer to the CBD). The bayside area is close to the ocean and gets the breezes in the summer time. I find the whole area pretty and not overly crowded like other spots in Brisbane. We could afford to buy amuch nicer house here than we could have if we bought closer to the city. The area is also close enough to anything we want in the city.

3. I don't like that it's so far from the city. My husband takes the train to the CBD so it would be nice if we were a little closer. But for us the lifestyle we have here and the house we can afford is worth it.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 12:55 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

1. Holland Park

• Its close to the city (8km)
  • The commute to the city is very easy
  • Good express bus service / night bus
  • Its relatively affordable
  • Leafy, established suburb

• Lacks a decent restaurant precinct like some suburbs
Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:17 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

1. What is the name of the suburb where you live - Fortitude Valley
2. Whats great about it - Full of life, right in the city & no commute to work
3. Whats not great about it - Far to many temptations close by
Old Aug 27th 2007, 4:51 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

1. Suburb: Manly
2. Good: On the train line - 40 mins to city centre, by the sea, nice parks, water parks (when we're not in a drought), swimming pool, pubs, cafe's, restaurants,newsagents, PO, IGA etc, marina, good schools, short drive to a large shopping centre.
3. Bad: Houses are quite close together - blocks are getting smaller!

Last edited by OzWannabee; Aug 27th 2007 at 6:39 am. Reason: Terrible spelling
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:25 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

1) North Lakes

2) New, so lots of new people turning up and close to motorway/train station. Good shopping centre, near a beach (Although not a fantastic beach but a beach none the less). Reasonable commute to the city.

3) Expensive blocks, and some are quite small and some of the houses, depending upon the house built, are quite close together.
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
1. Suburb: Manly
2. Good: On the train line - 40 mins to city centre, by the sea, nice parks, water parks (when we're not in a drought), swimming pool, pubs, cafe's, restaurants,newsagents, PO, IGA etc, marina, good schools, short drive to a large shopping centre.
3. Bad: Houses are quite close together - blocks are getting smaller!
Hi Jo

I heard your moving to a massive acreage property, any truth in this rumour?

Sean
Old Aug 27th 2007, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

OzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud ofOzWannabee has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The S's
Hi Jo

I heard your moving to a massive acreage property, any truth in this rumour?

Sean
Hey Sean!

How you doin? Yeah think we're gonna follow in your footsteps but not till next year!! Need a bit more space with all these kids getting bigger Need to have a get together soon!

Jo
Old Aug 27th 2007, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by OzWannabee
Hey Sean!

How you doin? Yeah think we're gonna follow in your footsteps but not till next year!! Need a bit more space with all these kids getting bigger Need to have a get together soon!

Jo
Deffo.

You must be sad to leave your lovely house behind. I know where your coming from with the density of housing and block sizes, thats why we moved out here ourselves.
This is what happens though when you live in such a swanky area
Bring on the dirt bikes and football pitch

Sean

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.