Labour has won

Old Sep 7th 2010, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

seban123 is on a distinguished road
Default Labour has won

Come stability... Congrats Julia..
Old Sep 7th 2010, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Labour has won

It's not really a win - wouldn't have been for either side.

The independents have all said they won't block supply, and won't support any frivolous no-confidence votes. Other than that they've managed to add extra policy, and say on other issues they will vote how they like.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 6:49 am
Waiting .....

foha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the roughfoha2012 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by roaringmouse

The independents have all said they won't block supply, and won't support any frivolous no-confidence votes. Other than that they've managed to add extra policy, and say on other issues they will vote how they like.
Guys,

Does that mean that Senetor Evils is out ?

Cheers!

TAA
Old Sep 7th 2010, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by foha2012
Does that mean that Senetor Evils is out ?
This is just for the House of Reps. Don't know Senate result, and in any case the Senate doesn't change until July next year.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 6:58 am

IvanM is an unknown quantity at this point

I think they have won a poison chalice of their own making.

Old Sep 7th 2010, 7:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IvanM
Yep, I'd run a million miles from that minority government of self-agrandising indepedents and a green and party backstabbers.

Let them screw up for a year or so, and then have another election.

JTL
Old Sep 7th 2010, 7:06 am

Is that so we can have the Coalition with [QUOTE=JackTheLad;8831124 minority government of self-agrandising indepedents and party backstabbers.

JTL[/QUOTE]
Old Sep 7th 2010, 7:28 am
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute

This is just for the House of Reps. Don't know Senate result, and in any case the Senate doesn't change until July next year.
There will be changes to the senate front bench because the defense minister is retiring but Gillard can change any Minister she choses to at any time, shes the PM she gives and takes away the jobs.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 7:29 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I would have liked the coalition to have won but ultimately this is a good election to lose.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 7:44 am

You are probably right however Abbott will be walking on eggshells. I suspect the electorate will punish those seen to be rocking the boat. Policy will be so safe Abbott will have little ammo. I think lack of stability will come from Labour itself though.

Interesting that two ex nationals sided with labour rather than old colleagues. Two common themes were NBN and lack of trust in Abbott due to his costings. I think the latter was more important.

The behaviour of the Greens will also determine if those protest votes stick or swing another way which would be more likely to be in favour of Labour.
Originally Posted by Amazulu
I would have liked the coalition to have won but ultimately this is a good election to lose.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Labor didnt win anything except a very uncomfortable alliance with some folk who are going to make life in Australia even harder than it currently is. Mind you, I think it will implode fairly soon and hopefully the coalition will be back in force.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 8:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

I am pleased they deserve to stay, they saw us through the recent economic problems, I do not believe the coalition would have let us get off so lightly.

It was a poison chalice when labour came to power originally as the overseas money problems had just started and I think they did a good job.

Libs lost me when they got rid of Turnbull.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Agree. Abbott should have handed it to Gillard and walked away.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Petals
they saw us through the recent economic problems
With the surplus left over from the Libs. What will Labor do now they don't have the luxury of a surplus to play with if we enter a double dip recession?

It was a poison chalice when labour came to power originally as the overseas money problems had just started and I think they did a good job.
They had been in power for about 12 months before the GFC hit Aussie shores.
Old Sep 7th 2010, 9:52 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
With the surplus left over from the Libs. What will Labor do now they don't have the luxury of a surplus to play with if we enter a double dip recession?

They had been in power for about 12 months before the GFC hit Aussie shores.
Looking at it like that, there will be some very relieved Liberals about.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.