Kong's posts

Old Aug 3rd 2004, 7:54 am
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of
Default Kong's posts

I have just tried to reply to a thread started by Kong and found it locked. I'm not sure why as there was nothing abusive on there. I think it's important to have balance on this forum. Of course the majority of us know that there is good and bad in Australia as there is in any western country but I still find it interesting to read peoples views. I love reading about people who have made a success of things and who are enjoying their new lives but likewise I feel it is important to read about the downside too. Although most of us can read the good and bad with a sense of perspective there are some people who believe that Britain is a crime ridden toilet. They believe you can't walk down the street without getting mugged by an illegal immigrant whilst Australia is a tropical paradise where there is no crime and people only work a 3 day week and have barbecues the rest of the time. Neither of these views are a fair representation and I think that it's in everyones interests to have both sides debated. If you don't like particular posters then why not ignore them? I for one don't want any shocks when I eventually get to Australia.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kong's posts

Originally posted by jugsy
I have just tried to reply to a thread started by Kong and found it locked. I'm not sure why as there was nothing abusive on there. I think it's important to have balance on this forum. Of course the majority of us know that there is good and bad in Australia as there is in any western country but I still find it interesting to read peoples views. I love reading about people who have made a success of things and who are enjoying their new lives but likewise I feel it is important to read about the downside too. Although most of us can read the good and bad with a sense of perspective there are some people who believe that Britain is a crime ridden toilet. They believe you can't walk down the street without getting mugged by an illegal immigrant whilst Australia is a tropical paradise where there is no crime and people only work a 3 day week and have barbecues the rest of the time. Neither of these views are a fair representation and I think that it's in everyones interests to have both sides debated. If you don't like particular posters then why not ignore them? I for one don't want any shocks when I eventually get to Australia.

A month or so back I posted similar, why are kongs posts closed,
again nothing rude was in the thread just the usual very predictable folk who stick their fingers in their ears going la la la I dont want to hear what hes posting, which once again was FACTS about aus.

I well appreciate his delivery at times is not to everybodies liking but Yes we need some balance because some of the other posts are wildly unrealistic and bear no resembance to the Australia I live in.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 8:06 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Although most of us can read the good and bad with a sense of perspective there are some people who believe that Britain is a crime ridden toilet. They believe you can't walk down the street without getting mugged by an illegal immigrant whilst Australia is a tropical paradise where there is no crime and people only work a 3 day week and have barbecues the rest of the time.
I must have missed their posts, can't remember anyone being that naive.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 8:13 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Hear hear! I think a lot of his postings are very interesting but I can understand why some people get so wound up by them.

As for locking these threads - thats just not on. They do present a level of realism.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 8:18 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Bordy
I must have missed their posts, can't remember anyone being that naive.

I agree Bordy, No one I have seen is that Naive.

I personally find the posts by BANANAS/MLBONNER/HEVS/ POLLYANNA and many others who are kindly sharing the ups and downs of their moves to the other side of the world without giving a 1 sided story with of just possitive or negative.

Kala
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 8:19 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

I totally agree. Threads should be locked for bad language or personal insults but NOT because they give a view others do not want to hear.

As has been said they can always be ignored.

I am not happy with this form of censorship.

Lots of people have got away with much worse than Kong in the past.

G
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 8:19 am
You sip .... I glug !!!

Vegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond reputeVegemite Kids has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe its because most of the replies to Kongs posts are about Kong and how they find his posts "boring" (due to the cut and paste nature of his posts) than actually discussing the subject he raised.

Personally I find he raises some interesting points and thinks he stops the rose-tinted specs from becoming too firmly affixed, but would also appreciate some real-life examples from his time in OZ.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 8:20 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

totally agree their has to be balance, But where is the balance in Kong's posts? he does not give you one positive for a negative it is just all negative.

I admit i am one of the people who does not like his style of writing and is not because i think i am going to a tropical paradise it is because i want to find out what it is like for myself.

The fact of the matter is Kong did not like or enjoy the time he spent in Australia and because of this he feels no one else will enjoy it either.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 8:29 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally posted by madsad
totally agree their has to be balance, But where is the balance in Kong's posts? he does not give you one positive for a negative it is just all negative.

I admit i am one of the people who does not like his style of writing and is not because i think i am going to a tropical paradise it is because i want to find out what it is like for myself.

The fact of the matter is Kong did not like or enjoy the time he spent in Australia and because of this he feels no one else will enjoy it either.
There is balance if you view the forum as a whole.

Look at your posting above - where is the balance there? It's all Kong negative!

Also remember that the stuff he posts is invariably copied from 'reputable' news sources - he's not making this stuff up (though someone else might be).

He's been there, got the t-shirt and returned. His opinions and views are as valid as anyone elses here.
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 8:35 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NedKelly63

Look at your posting above - where is the balance there? It's all Kong negative!

Also remember that the stuff he posts is invariably copied from 'reputable' news sources - he's not making this stuff up (though someone else might be).

He's been there, got the t-shirt and returned. His opinions and views are as valid as anyone elses here.

Ok Ned, being a fellow Scot, we will agree to disagree, i was raised abroad so i know both sides of the coin.

One question i do have, how narrow minded must you be to spend time travelling & not be able to take one postive experience from a country?
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 8:37 am
Now 15% less offensive

Ok Ned, being a fellow Scot, we will agree to disagree, i was raised abroad so i know both sides of the coin.

One question i do have, how narrow minded must you be to spend time travelling & not be able to take one postive experience from a country?
I think his wife is Australian - does that count as a +ve experience?
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 8:49 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally posted by kala
I agree Bordy, No one I have seen is that Naive.

I personally find the posts by BANANAS/MLBONNER/HEVS/ POLLYANNA and many others who are kindly sharing the ups and downs of their moves to the other side of the world without giving a 1 sided story with of just possitive or negative.

Kala
Tis just the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth gov
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 8:58 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by NedKelly63

But when others who have been there, got the T Shirt, and come back again make comments the response can be like this:
Originally posted by RichS
ABC - "I step in at times, to contradict some of his comments that are at odds with fact."

shouldn't that have read...

"When I'm rostered on to uphold the good name of Utopia I jump readily to the cause and beat the man heartily around the head and buttocks with a wet kipper until he recites the mantra 'all is well in Utopia and it rains every day in England'"

...ABC frequently has good advice to offer, but blow me down if he doesn't come across as a sort of marsupial Billy Graham at times.
Obviously my experience of 10 years in OZ, then 4 years back in the UK, followed by my return back to OZ 4 years ago, is not considered acceptable by some. And I have pointed out many times that my reason for returning to the UK after my first 10 years here were very similar to those of Mike Stanton & Kong himself. The problem is, that after 4 years back in the UK i decided I was wrong and I preferred Australia after all.
Well i'm sorry, but for those that consider my thoughts as a "marsupial Billy Graham", tough !! It's my life experience, and you don't want to hear it, maybe I am "too" positive about things, but thats only because I have chosen to be positive about life, and not keep looking at the negatives.
When I used to look at the negatives all the time, and ignore the positives, I was not a happy person.

One thing that I have learned from this, is that spending time away from this forum can be very relaxing

For those that have PM'd me, and for others, I am quite happy to provide information by email or PM, even though I won't be posting as much on here now.

Old Aug 3rd 2004, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

surely the balance is achieved by allowing other people to post their positive and negative experiences? One person doesn't have to put forward both?

If Kong posts a negative, I say give someone else the opportunity to say "well actually, I found the opposite in Oz", rather than lock the thread before replies can come in.

If some people find them irrelevant, why don't they stay away instead of posting zzzzz signs all the time!! It's not hard is it!!
Old Aug 3rd 2004, 9:01 am
Now 15% less offensive

Originally posted by ABCDiamond

For those that have PM'd me, and for others, I am quite happy to provide information by email or PM, even though I won't be posting as much on here now.
Thats a shame - I like your stuff too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.