Kitchens

Old Aug 30th 2016, 11:57 am
Just Joined

Daleemcguire is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kitchens

Hi everyone,

Recently moved over from Scotland, 5 weeks in and got another two to go before I start a placement in GOMA Brisbane CBD.

My thing back home was kitchen fitting although I am able and competent in all aspects of residential Carpentery. I absolutely loved my job back home doing kitchens. Whilst browsing the buying and rental markets I've noticed that so many houses are requiring newly fitted kitchens. I'd simply go to my local <snip> who supplied me with work as a recommendation to customers or through leads of my own. <snip> would send a surveyor out to measure up and do a CAD drawing which I would take to customer to let them see how the kitchen will more or less look once fitted in the drawing.

I'm interested to hear from other builder on company's that offer. Such service and are suppliers of good decent kitchen units and worktops.

Thanks in advance for all advice, I look forward to be pointed in the right direction.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Sep 6th 2016 at 8:49 am. Reason: Company name removed - looks a bit spammy otherwise!
Old Sep 6th 2016, 8:44 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Howdens Joinery Kitchens

Originally Posted by Daleemcguire
Hi everyone,

Recently moved over from Scotland, 5 weeks in and got another two to go before I start a placement in GOMA Brisbane CBD.

My thing back home was kitchen fitting although I am able and competent in all aspects of residential Carpentery. I absolutely loved my job back home doing kitchens. Whilst browsing the buying and rental markets I've noticed that so many houses are requiring newly fitted kitchens. I'd simply go to my local <<<SNIP>>> who supplied me with work as a recommendation to customers or through leads of my own. <<<SNIP>>> would send a surveyor out to measure up and do a CAD drawing which I would take to customer to let them see how the kitchen will more or less look once fitted in the drawing.

I'm interested to hear from other builder on company's that offer. Such service and are suppliers of good decent kitchen units and worktops.

Thanks in advance for all advice, I look forward to be pointed in the right direction.
In my experience things don't work like that over here. Here a new home is designed by an architect with the kitchen drawn to suit the plan. A cabinet maker then quotes to build the kitchen and sends his own installers to fit the cabinets. The cabinets are not sat on adjustable legs they sit on plinths that both form the kickboards and are planed or packed to suit the floors. Installers need a licence, unless they work for a company that holds a licence.
When folks are renovating they tend to replace doors and worktops as a quick fix if it's a turnaround for a quick profit. Otherwise they go to a cabinet maker and have a new kitchen built. I have noticed a few of the kitchens I get asked to tile are ones that Bunnings have started to supply as part of their prebuilt range. Maybe contact a local bunnings store and ask about them recommending installers.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Sep 6th 2016 at 12:04 pm. Reason: Edit to quote
Old Sep 6th 2016, 10:36 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kitchens

we get lots of adverts on here for kitchen suppliers, however you have to be quick as they get removed from the forums as spam..
Old Sep 6th 2016, 11:56 am
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

The aim of this OPs post is what? Start a new business, drum up business or redo his kitchen (doesn't sound like it). For a first poster I can't figure it out....
Old Sep 6th 2016, 2:44 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teza
The aim of this OPs post is what? Start a new business, drum up business or redo his kitchen (doesn't sound like it). For a first poster I can't figure it out....
I thought he was looking for a job, but it certainly isn't clear what it is that he wants.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 2:48 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I thought he was looking for a job, but it certainly isn't clear what it is that he wants.
I really suspect it's a bit of an upmarket version of the usual k i t c h e n spam we get around BE
Old Sep 6th 2016, 2:53 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
I really suspect it's a bit of an upmarket version of the usual k i t c h e n spam we get around BE
What is it with k i t c h e n [sic] and f u r n i t u r e [sic] suppliers that they think that BE is good place to tout their wares, and why is it most often in the quiet backwaters of the "Working Abroad by Profession" forum?
Old Sep 6th 2016, 3:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

What is it with k i t c h e n [sic] and f u r n i t u r e [sic] suppliers that they think that BE is good place to tout their wares, and why is it most often in the quiet backwaters of the "Working Abroad by Profession" forum?
They actually spam all the more popular forums too, its just that cos Working Abroad by Profession doesn't get so many visitors, the spam doesn't get spotted so quickly
Old Sep 6th 2016, 8:45 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Howdens Joinery Kitchens

Originally Posted by cresta57
In my experience things don't work like that over here. Here a new home is designed by an architect with the kitchen drawn to suit the plan. A cabinet maker then quotes to build the kitchen and sends his own installers to fit the cabinets. The cabinets are not sat on adjustable legs they sit on plinths that both form the kickboards and are planed or packed to suit the floors. Installers need a licence, unless they work for a company that holds a licence.
When folks are renovating they tend to replace doors and worktops as a quick fix if it's a turnaround for a quick profit. Otherwise they go to a cabinet maker and have a new kitchen built. I have noticed a few of the kitchens I get asked to tile are ones that Bunnings have started to supply as part of their prebuilt range. Maybe contact a local bunnings store and ask about them recommending installers.
Exactly the same here in New Zealand Cresta57.
Old Sep 6th 2016, 9:28 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm always tempted to ask them to quote for sending to Australia.