Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Kitchen Designers - Perth

Kitchen Designers - Perth

Old Mar 9th 2013, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

cshowell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kitchen Designers - Perth

Has anybody had any experience of using any of the following companies to design their kitchen:

Martin Darby Interiors
QN Designs
Hollywood Kitchens

If so, I'd really appreciate opinions of them and whether or not you would recommend them.

Alternatively if anyone can recommend any other companies they have used I would be grateful.

Many thanks.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 1:13 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Kitchen Designers - Perth

We used Kitcraft in Joondalup 6 years ago and they were great, English guy called Damon was amazing.
Old Mar 10th 2013, 9:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Evelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of lightEvelin is a glorious beacon of light

I don't know any of them. I'm in the process of getting a new kitchen myself. Most probably i will go for a German brand which is sold by Kitchenhaus in Osborne Park. Another German brand, Nobilia, also in Osborne Park, is cheaper than Kitchenhaus. Nobilia is the largest kitchen company in the world, they sell globally, a lot in the UK. Both are manufactured in Germany.

I'm waiting for quotes from Ikandu, also Osborne Park. You might put your question into the homeone.com.au forum.

To me the drawers are important, as I only will have drawers and the quality of the edging of the doors. No foil for sure, either melamine, paint or possibly
acrylic.

Not each company offers varies cabinet heights. Depending on your height, you could loose some space. Eg, IKEA cabinets are only 700mm high, whereas Kitchenhaus cabinets are 780mm. Some have even taller cabinets. I think IKEA is good value, but has it's limitation. I will most likely buy from Kitchenhaus.

Cheaper companies get their cabinetry out of China, don't know if that is an issue for you.

When I started looking around I went to Kitkraft as well but was put off by the pushy salesperson.
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 10:03 am
Just Joined

bellaedword is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a 9ftx9ft Kitchen. I am very budget conscious. We will be spending $2300 by the time all of it is done. That is with 50% off cabinetry, and all installation, plumbing, and electrical done by us.

I'd expect to pay around 5 grand - watch for kitchen cabinetry and countertop and flooring sales! There are tons out there!
Old Jul 2nd 2013, 7:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bellaedword
I have a 9ftx9ft Kitchen. I am very budget conscious. We will be spending $2300 by the time all of it is done. That is with 50% off cabinetry, and all installation, plumbing, and electrical done by us.

I'd expect to pay around 5 grand - watch for kitchen cabinetry and countertop and flooring sales! There are tons out there!
Resurrecting a 4-month-old thread with a first post containing a link to a business?

Bit suspicious..